Sky….wtf

Who the hell do Sky Sports think they are! 
Match at MKDons been switched from Friday to Saturday evening. Bank holiday Monday match been switched to Tuesday. All at short notice. Basically only one game over the holiday period.

If ever there was confirmation that money in general and Sky in particular are ruining our national game this is one big example. No thought given to the needs or views of fans and corporate media companies pulling all the strings.

EFL should have told them to p@@s off !

Shame on you Sky and more shame on the EFL for letting this happen.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Sky can do what they want since football sold their soul to them back in the 90's. 

As for EFL, they won't say boo to a ghost. They are bullies who wet themselves unless it's one of their own  members they choose to go after, at the behest of one of their other members, who seems to have more influence than other supposed equal shareholders.

It's rubbish and ruins a usually good footballing weekend.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jaytee said:

Match at MKDons been switched from Friday to Saturday evening. Bank holiday Monday match been switched to Tuesday. All at short notice. Basically only one game over the holiday period.

If ever there was confirmation that money in general and Sky in particular are ruining our national game this is one big example. No thought given to the needs or views of fans and corporate media companies pulling all the strings.

A big pet hate of mine is kick off times changing like this, a big reason I knocked on head going to away games.

But Sky would argue that have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions on showing football and they coverage is a reason football s more popular than it was 30 years ago.

They didn't hold a gun to the head of the clubs to sign the deal that made them all richer.
The clubs know that fans are too loyal for they own good and be some moaning at this fixture change but still be a few thousand going to MK Dons.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

A big pet hate of mine is kick off times changing like this, a big reason I knocked on head going to away games.

But Sky would argue that have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions on showing football and they coverage is a reason football s more popular than it was 30 years ago.

They didn't hold a gun to the head of the clubs to sign the deal that made them all richer.
The clubs know that fans are too loyal for they own good and be some moaning at this fixture change but still be a few thousand going to MK Dons.

And paying their sky subscription.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jaytee said:

I remember watching a game on tv where the fans were chanting "fizz Setanta". I cant remember why, but it was effective. Is a "fizz Sky" chant required through this game?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eggnmaz said:

Sky sports are the ruination of all sports not just football. If you have sky installed in your home you have only yourself to blame.!!!!!

Not defending Sky but the real rumination of sport is money and the putting of making money quickly before what is good for the sport.

Does Football need money to survive or survive to make money. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Sky can do what they want since football sold their soul to them back in the 90's. 

As for EFL, they won't say boo to a ghost. They are bullies who wet themselves unless it's one of their own  members they choose to go after, at the behest of one of their other members, who seems to have more influence than other supposed equal shareholders.

It's rubbish and ruins a usually good footballing weekend.

What about the goose?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I remember watching a game on tv where the fans were chanting "fizz Setanta". I cant remember why, but it was effective. Is a "fizz Sky" chant required through this game?

They did it in some cup games with ITV.

May have even been ours v Plymouth.

• Like 2

I just cant see who benefits from this in any substantial way. Other than the fans of us and MK I can’t see anyone will give a crap about watching the game. Having no bank holiday game whatsoever is a really big deal. The change from Friday to Saturday is a big old fûck you to travelling fans. The change from Monday to Tuesday is a royal pain in the arse for everyone. 

It must be great being sky with all the money and power and no accountability to anyone. Fûck you sky!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1