Chelsea at Wembley

Sorry don’t agree.  They were chanting Putin’s enablers name again at Middlesbrough yesterday.  IMHO, they should have all the titles won using stolen money taken off them.  
If they continue to show their support for the Russians, the club should be fully sanctioned, causing it to be wound up.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Sorry don’t agree.  They were chanting Putin’s enablers name again at Middlesbrough yesterday.  IMHO, they should have all the titles won using stolen money taken off them.  
If they continue to show their support for the Russians, the club should be fully sanctioned, causing it to be wound up.

yeah

but it’s Chelsea. 

not Bury. Or Macclesfield. Or Derby or us

the FA won’t allow anything that drastic to happen to one of their big clubs 

• Like 2

Apparently at Chelsea V Newcastle,   Chelsea's fans were constantly singing Roman Abramabovic's name, and the Newcastle fans unfurled a Saudi Arabia flag, days after it had been announced they had executed 81 people.

Journalists were queuing up to say it was one of the most uncomfortable, awful atmospheres that they had experienced at a game -  the realisation that football had sunk to a level that despotic regimes were being celebrated by English football fans.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Until new owners are in charge, personally I  don't want a single penny to go into their pockets, but the money they would make should go to those poor people, and don't forget every club has a moron group

• Like 2

The fault here in my view lies with:

1.  The FA and their 'fit and proper' test.  The scope of this test is clearly not wide enough.

2.  By extension the proof of funds test to weed out the ultimate source of those funds.

The current owners of the 20 Premier League clubs all passed - therefore I do not believe there should be retrospective removal of honours as suggested on this thread.

The pressure will always come when you get a situation like Newcastle.  Fans desperate to compete for top players and see what happened to Man City with that sort of investment.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The fault here in my view lies with:

1.  The FA and their 'fit and proper' test.  The scope of this test is clearly not wide enough.

Not that I disagree in principle but think its very difficult to enforce anything like this.
Who decides who is a fit and proper person and by what measurement? What about Chansiri for example? Hasn't his families Tuna business been accused of unethical fishing practices?

Also if another billionaire who we have suspicious of being dodgy gets told no sorry you cant buy a club is it legally watertight as he can afford the best lawyers to test this in court.

I’ve no time at all for Chelsea, but, as is often the case, it’s the innocent fans that will suffer if Chelsea aren’t allowed to sell 40,000 or so tickets for the Semi Final.

The effect on Chelsea’s finances from the lost revenue is negligible in overall terms and I very much doubt that Abramovich is losing any sleep here.

I really don’t see what a ban on Chelsea ticket sales will achieve in the grand scheme of things 

Perhaps someone could enlighten me 

4 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I’ve no time at all for Chelsea, but, as is often the case, it’s the innocent fans that will suffer if Chelsea aren’t allowed to sell 40,000 or so tickets for the Semi Final.

The effect on Chelsea’s finances from the lost revenue is negligible in overall terms and I very much doubt that Abramovich is losing any sleep here.

I really don’t see what a ban on Chelsea ticket sales will achieve in the grand scheme of things 

For me it's the double standards, ie we are sanctioning Chelsea. Oh hold on it's the FA Cup. We can't.

The backtrack (if it would to go ahead) makes English football look daft. So much for a united front on the matter.

Chelsea fans suffering, I'm sorry I couldn't care less. Far more suffering in the Ukraine. They can watch it on tv.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

For me it's the double standards, ie we are sanctioning Chelsea. Oh hold on it's the FA Cup. We can't.

The backtrack (if it would to go ahead) makes English football look daft. So much for a united front on the matter.

Chelsea fans suffering, I'm sorry I couldn't care less. Far more suffering in the Ukraine. They can watch it on tv.

Of course they is for more suffering in Ukraine but that's not going to change by Chelsea fans attending the Semi Final or not.
Think a good compromise would be to let Chelsea fans into the semi final and use the money for Ukrainian refrugees as in the OP.

39 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

The same fans that suffered all that success with Romans money?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course they is for more suffering in Ukraine but that's not going to change by Chelsea fans attending the Semi Final or not.
Think a good compromise would be to let Chelsea fans into the semi final and use the money for Ukrainian refrugees as in the OP.

Or the fa could just make a donation and keep the Chelsea fans out as per the sanctions.

It is really difficult to run a proper ' fitness to own ' test.

There is no guarantee that any owner wont run a club into the ground.

It's not even mysterious Jonny Foreigner that is a danger, I think Bury will confirm that.

We were owned by a local businessman and nearly went bust..we were actually saved by a rich individual with very interesting business practices. 

I kind of think you can rule out clubs being owned by public fronts for despotic , murderous regimes who are just sports washing though.

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

It is really difficult to run a proper ' fitness to own ' test.

There is no guarantee that any owner wont run a club into the ground.

It's not even mysterious Jonny Foreigner that is a danger, I think Bury will confirm that.

We were owned by a local businessman and nearly went bust..we were actually saved by a rich individual with very interesting business practices. 

I kind of think you can rule out clubs being owned by public fronts for despotic , murderous regimes who are just sports washing though.

Tbh, I think the horse long bolted on the whole ownership thing.

As you say, what constitutes a fit and proper person to own a football club?

If you take City for example, then in terms of running an actual football club, they are probably as good as anyone. Pretty much the best in class in all positions at the football club. It's a well run machine. But then all the money to do that comes from Dubai who hardly having a glowing record when it comes to human rights and so forth. 

Edited by SiJ

It's about time people grew up and realised that football isn't important in the great scheme of things.  Chelsea has been sanctioned through it's owner so that should be it.  

There are so many things around football that defy the law and common sense.  You get 100 people in a group in the town centre abusing someone at work who is charge of something, they would get moved on and face sanctions.  20,000 in a stadium calling the referee a c**t and thats ok?

you punch or headbutt someone at work and you get the sack, maybe worse.  A footballer does it in front of 50 police officers gets a 3 match ban and goes back to his big house.

The fact that every saturday needs a large police presence at taxpayers expense for football matches is abhorrent.  if it was anything else the gatherings would be reduced in number or even banned.  

So basically, tough titty, no Chelsea fans allowed...