Bolton Away

Just received this text from a mate who lives in and supports Bolton…..It may help some of our supporters 

How's it going pal? If you know anyone that is coming to the game against Bolton let them know there is nowhere to have a pint around the ground, there is only one left open. If anyone coming by train, stay on the train to Chorley 7 mins, great place loads of pubs. Train back drops off outside stadium at 14.29. If coming by road Westhoughton or Horwich  both around 3 miles from stadium but loads of pubs.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cain said:

Just received this text from a mate who lives in and supports Bolton…..It may help some of our supporters 

How's it going pal? If you know anyone that is coming to the game against Bolton let them know there is nowhere to have a pint around the ground, there is only one left open. If anyone coming by train, stay on the train to Chorley 7 mins, great place loads of pubs. Train back drops off outside stadium at 14.29. If coming by road Westhoughton or Horwich  both around 3 miles from stadium but loads of pubs.

1443 mate 👍

1 hour ago, cain said:

I live in Bolton and my mate runs a local Connie club (Over Hulton Conservative Club) his partner does the catering so food could be available if you let them know in advance.

The club is situated between J4 and J5 of the M61 (Bolton ground just off J6) with loads of parking and only a 5 mins dive to ground.

If any supporters or supporter clubs want to stop off I’m sure they would be welcomed but you would need to tell them you are coming.

Their tele number 01204  61384 ask for Andy Karen or Nicki and mention that Rod recommended  the club as an ideal stopping place for visiting supporters.

PS - I tell Bolton supporters where to stop off when we play them at Hillsborough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, The coach said:

Yes..the football fans ban never got off the ground..local business owners wer up in arms..and rightly so..ive been loads of times and never seen aby trouble

Good!

My only previous visit went on a coach via Chorley and like you said, no trouble at all, I think the landlords rely on it!

19 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Rather drink in Manchester, work your way down through the city centre from Piccadilly then get the 14:07 from Oxford Road, gets in about 2:45

Chorley..Westhaughton etc are obviously for people goin on coaches..not by train..🚍

sales really struggling just over 2500 sold down to 520 points for probably the easiest game to get to with a massive allocation . are we that fed up already i thought this would sell out easily . i think we might only sell 3600 or so and have 1600 empty seats 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

sales really struggling just over 2500 sold down to 520 points for probably the easiest game to get to with a massive allocation . are we that fed up already i thought this would sell out easily . i think we might only sell 3600 or so and have 1600 empty seats 

It will sell out. 100%. 

• Like 2