Harry Maguire Terrible Defending Compilation

Never thought Harry Maguire was a bad player but did think he wasn't a Manchester United player when they signed him

He has turned into a bit of a scapegoat for Man U on social media.

His after match interviews are always a bit underwhelming when in the past they had players like Keane, Robson, Bruce as captains.

• Like 1

He’s been getting rinsed on social media these last six months, and he gets pellets from the fans at old Trafford each game after he leaves

wouldn’t be surprised if it’s seriously affecting him mentally

in before the - “I bet the £100k a week helps” comments appear 

in today's game he's way too slow and flat footed to make a top top level centre half. Personally think he's way off the level to be England and Manchester United captain, just never think he sets an example of a high level of performance to justify captaincy, he's way too inconsistent for the top level. Look around europe, Reuben Dias, Van Dijk, Kounde at Sevilla, Alaba, Konate, Koulibaly, Upamecano. All got a decent turn of pace, all mobile and agile, then you look at Maguire and he turns like an ocean liner, definitely costs him a hell of a lot i think 

Didn't watch the game but was reported on the radio this morning that he got booed by a section of the crowd when his name was announced before the game started and when he touched the ball for the first time.

14 minutes ago, darra said:

Didn't watch the game but was reported on the radio this morning that he got booed by a section of the crowd when his name was announced before the game started and when he touched the ball for the first time.

I've mentioned it in the other thread, not really Maguires fault he's been picked. I think the boos are really aimed at Southgate who has picked a player clearly out of form that didn't deserve to be in these squads.

Southgate has come out with some strong words about this, condemning the fans reaction, and saying what a brilliant player Maguire has been. I really disagree with him to be honest, I don't think any of our centre backs have played particularly well, going back to the 2018 WC where they were bang average. A few headed goals doesn't make a decent defender at international level. 

39 minutes ago, darra said:

Disgraceful IMO from so called supporters. Sadly England attracts too many fans who bring their club allegiances with them.