Jump to content

Gillingham Away Picture Thread


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I know the result wasn't what we needed BUT can I just say a massive THANK YOU to every single one of you amazing people for contributing your photos of your day out to this thread


It's really appreciated by those fans who can't get to games

THANK YOU x


Let's carry on these for the future and if you're out and about or even if you're watching on a big screen in your garden or abroad - pop some photos in here and future threads and let's see em!


Totally agree.

I’ve really enjoyed it today 

Big credit must go to ANDY who more or less single-handedly carried on when there seemed little interest.

 

For older fans like me, who can’t physically go anymore , it’s a reminder of the days when I went all over and had great days out.
Its heartening to see that the old Wednesday tradition of having a great day out ruined by a football match is still being maintained. 🙄

 

Thanks everyone 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Musttryharder
12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

7C706218-857D-430B-B62F-1055F0923857.jpeg

If the team cant play in front of that away support then theres very little hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pahowl said:

It was bloody cold in that stand despite the sun. Many people were shivering 

 


Not surprised. Sat on scaffolding all exposed at the back and the wind blowing up your jacksy !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure on the safety aspect either , full stand on scaffolding , then lots started bouncing and the stand moved . had a horrible feeling of something very serious happening on there . it was built as a temp away stand 20 years ago. but rarely full and certainly not with bouncing supporters 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

20220319_170417.jpg

what time did this happen? probably the only entertainment from 230-5pm based on the game? we have some right t@@sers though we dont want to be getting a reputation like leeds do we.im started to see a lot more aggro this season ,and it seems to be happening everywhere from prem league even down to non leagues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

If the team cant play in front of that away support then theres very little hope.

Linked to that, my biggest gripe from yesterday was that, based on the premise that Gillingham kicked off, Wednesday chose to deprive them of attacking their end second half, rather than choosing to attack a bigger gathering of their own fans in the second half. Sun and/ or wind may have been a factor I suppose but, IMO, it showed weakness.

Noise levels in the away end went up a little in the second half - can’t help thinking would have been louder had we been attacking that end and perhaps may have encouraged the team on later in the game to get a winner. 
 

Will be interesting to see choices at Bolton and MK Dons when there will be even bigger away followings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Musttryharder
1 minute ago, hykehamowl said:

Linked to that, my biggest gripe from yesterday was that, based on the premise that Gillingham kicked off, Wednesday chose to deprive them of attacking their end second half, rather than choosing to attack a bigger gathering of their own fans in the second half. Sun and/ or wind may have been a factor I suppose but, IMO, it showed weakness.

Noise levels in the away end went up a little in the second half - can’t help thinking would have been louder had we been attacking that end and perhaps may have encouraged the team on later in the game to get a winner. 
 

Will be interesting to see choices at Bolton and MK Dons when there will be even bigger away followings.

Sad to say but I dont think the bigger away day followings have much impact on this team. They should do but they can't rise to the occasion. What does it take to get this team motivated with home and away followings they have showed this season in this league. The players showed guts, charactor when their backs are against the wall with so many first teamers out, then we get them back and it all goes t*ts up. If we knew what the cause was we would be pis*ing this league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Johnny Fantham said:

Straight after the match on the way out, so around 5pm. Guy got his window smashed. Think police arrested someone 

one guy was salty cos that guy was gesturing through the window at him.  It looked like the window was already broke, i maybe wrong on that.

In fairness that street seemed to be very interesting in appearance, like it held a lot of dark secrets lol..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, hykehamowl said:

Linked to that, my biggest gripe from yesterday was that, based on the premise that Gillingham kicked off, Wednesday chose to deprive them of attacking their end second half, rather than choosing to attack a bigger gathering of their own fans in the second half. Sun and/ or wind may have been a factor I suppose but, IMO, it showed weakness.

Noise levels in the away end went up a little in the second half - can’t help thinking would have been louder had we been attacking that end and perhaps may have encouraged the team on later in the game to get a winner. 
 

Will be interesting to see choices at Bolton and MK Dons when there will be even bigger away followings.

I think they wanted to make the most of the sun in the keepers eyes in first half, which we totally didnt capitalise in 2nd half especially how low it was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

one guy was salty cos that guy was gesturing through the window at him.  It looked like the window was already broke, i maybe wrong on that.

In fairness that street seemed to be very interesting in appearance, like it held a lot of dark secrets lol..

 

It's got a look of Rillington Place about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, pahowl said:

It was bloody cold in that stand despite the sun. Many people were shivering 

 

At ht i simply walked off that end and into the stand at the side..ended up just about on the halfway line next to the gillingham fans..i cant believe more people didnt do it..was a lot better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...