Carlos Carvalhal on the march

28 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yeah we hardly ever get injuries now. Clearly that was all Carlos' fault and thankfully we have now resolved that issue.

We're having to bring in and sign injured or injury prone players after Carlos had it all

We even signed a player with his leg broke in two places!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

This is my view on Carlos 

The transformation of the club at the time was exciting 

we went from a team doing nothing to genuine promotion contenders playing the best football a large part of our fan base has ever seen or remember 

Carlos was our stylish leader and it all felt so good 

end year two the Huddersfield playoffs and the season that followed the novelty had gone injuries was piling up board room Mistakes not turning over and selling players when we should and the quick fall pursued

msybe Carlos should have been our second manager 

it was almost a fairy tail ending but it wasn’t to be 

his management style brought us both the best times in our modern history but also we felt short and the hindsight tells us his training methods were suspect and injuries occured

that said Carlos left years ago new players have gone and gone and we still get excessive injuries to players that never worked under Carlos 

in short

thanks for two great years where I was yet again proud to be an owl 

But in the words of Darren Moore we move 

on

• Haha 1

I don’t get why anyone would blame Carlos for our demise. He left in December 2017 and we didn’t get relegated until May 2021. He did a good job year 1, doubt you’ll find anyone saying he didn’t. Then you have to say he did a good job finishing 4th in year 2. Made a mess of the Huddersfield play offs and didn’t take the Sheffield derby seriously enough but that’s all he did wrong really.

We regressed because between 2017-2019 we didn’t sign anyone of note and steadily released players every summer without replacing them. Then in 2019 and 2020 we brought in players who were worse than those leaving by some distance. That plus the points deduction and a string of poor managers meant relegation. All to do with the chairman not Carlos.

As for the injuries, who did he ruin. Lee and Hooper are the only ones that come to mind. And Hooper seems like he’s a crock regardless, so it’s just Kieran Lee. All the other players were perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

As for the injuries, who did he ruin. Lee and Hooper are the only ones that come to mind. And Hooper seems like he’s a crock regardless, so it’s just Kieran Lee. All the other players were perfectly fine.

That’s such a rose tinted view though and not one that even the ex players who have played under him and spoke out agree with 

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s such a rose tinted view though and not one that even the ex players who have played under him and spoke out agree with 

Who else are we talking about though? Hutchinson? He’s another one who has always been injury prone his whole career. Westwood had a relatively good fitness record when he was actually selected.

The rest seemed mostly available from what I can remember. 

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

correct…Not one Wednesday fan can deny this!! 

i know a couple of people who work for the club and it was a well known fact that the players had gym memberships paid for by the club and they were expected to do fitness in their own time. 

And if they’d done it they’d be alright 

People who blame Carlos for our demise haven’t got a clue. Brought back exciting football for the first time in nearly 20 years, football we haven’t seen since. We were one game away from it all paying off. You can’t blame a modern football manager for spending the money available to him, it’s not his job to manage the finances. Petered out at the end as it does with every manager 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

People who have watched the demise of the squad, the injuries, the careers ending, the lack of available funds for new managers who don't recognise it's Carlos responsible for it haven’t got a clue.  

Even though it all unveiled right before their own eyes 

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

These two things contradict each other.

If he wasn't in control of the signings how was having too many players his fault?

Especially given DC's position on selling family members

Because Carlos said that in his opinion a player can't play two games in a week.

That's why he wanted two players at least for every position.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want Rhodes, but I can't speak for the rest of them.

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are there any links to these interviews?

We did seem to rush players back especially Lee although this is going on 6 years so memory is a bit foggy.

I agree Moores approach is more sensible but too cautious maybe as with him not starting Gregory. 

He has aways had it in him to be a top manager..... IF he gave up his stupid negative philosophy he showed when went back to attacking play from the start of games and won those games before he reverted back and we struggles again. THAT AND forcing injured players to play causing dangerous injuries and a huge injury list ho and only having a clique of certain players he'd pick from....

So he definitely has the quality in him he has just unfortunately caused his own problems