Man of the match & scores -Accrington (H)

Man of the match   

269 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Storey
    • Johnson
    • Luongo
    • Hutchinson
    • Iorfa
    • Palmer
    • Byers
    • Paterson
    • Berahino
    • Bannan
    • Hunt
    • Gregory
    • Dele-Bashiru

BPF    -    6

Iorfa    -    5.5

Storey    -    5

Hutchinson    -    7

Palmer    -    5

Bannan    -    6

Byers    -    5.5

Luongo    -    7

Johnson    -    6

Berahino    -    5.5

Paterson    -    6

SUBS

Hunt    -    7

Gregory    -    6

FDB    -   4

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Just go for Luongo. Say I told you to do it. He was all over the pitch tonight, involved in everything.

I thought it was Luongo’s worse game this season. He was all over the pitch, but he gave it away and missed some decisive passes. He is allowed an off day though I guess.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

Hutchinson all day long, head and shoulders above every player on the pitch tonight.

The best player on the pitch was Ross Sykes. He was immense for them. One of the best defenders this season to play at Hillsborough.

Some very opposing opinions as ever.

I struggle to see why DM gets criticism for team selection. We've got fans creaming themselves cos we've got players coming back from injury and others worrying that some players need a rest. So he makes a couple of tweaks and gets lambasted for tinkering. 

As per my earlier post, we weren't great but did more than enough to win comfortably, couple of things didn't go our way this evening. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Missed the first half hour due to getting back from London late so can’t score them tonight… which is just as well because I was struggling to pick a MOTM from what I did see, nobody stood out 

Fair assessment I went for Hutch just for the desire and effort. 

We set up and played with fear (of their height advantage)

Put out a side that won 6-0 and take the game to them.

They man marked our midfield out of the game and then put every ball in the floodlights where they had the advantage.

Paterson is a mule. Gregory up top would have pushed them back.

We must learn the dark arts…refs that poor fall for every con in the book. We never ‘dropped’ once on contact and got turned over too many times.

We look like a mid table team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

Some very opposing opinions as ever.

I struggle to see why DM gets criticism for team selection. We've got fans creaming themselves cos we've got players coming back from injury and others worrying that some players need a rest. So he makes a couple of tweaks and gets lambasted for tinkering. 

As per my earlier post, we weren't great but did more than enough to win comfortably, couple of things didn't go our way this evening. 

No, no, no you are not allowed to put well reasoned sensible posts on here if we don’t win a game.

• Thanks 1

Dull. 

Accrington did what they set out to do - stifle play, slow things down, waste time, look for any opportunity for the ref to blow his whistle.

Looking at the team selection I do wonder if Moore should have just started Hunt, as a lot of people have been saying. That being said, rest and rotation is critical with so many games being played. 

I'm frustrated with this one, Accrington have been defensively poor this season and I expected us to be able to break them down a bit easier. Especially since prior to this, we'd scored 11 goals in two home games. 

MOM was split between Patto and Luongo for me. Patto looked his busy, no nonsense self and took the goal well. He was unlucky to not have two. Luongo won everything and worked hard all night. 

Onto Gillingham - I fear we may have some fatigue setting in and hope Baz and Palmer are both okay. Can't get Windass and MDL back into the fold soon enough.

BPF.                    6.5

Storey.                5.5        Normally very good but hampered by having to play on the left first half.

Hutchinson.       6.5.   MoM

Iorfa.                   6

Johnson.            6

Bannan.              6

Luongo.              6

Byers.                  5

Palmer.               5

Paterson.            6.5

Berahino.            5.5

Hunt.                    6.5

10 hours ago, Bennyowl said:

Never change a winning team and never underestimate a team! 2 things DM has done on several occasions this season. Can't really fault the players but the subs when we went 1-0 up changed the game in their favour. 

Just my opinion

Absolutely agree. Most of the consistent teams keep a settled side.  The perception that we have such strength in depth we can rest players without upsetting a winning team was proved to be fanciful rather than factual last night.

• Like 2

No one stood out much but went for Storey. 

Well below Saturdays performance but I thought we did more than enough to win the game.

Chances missed after going in front cost us against a team that had very little threat in open play but looked dangerous at set pieces because of the size of some of the Accrington players. 

Overall a disappointing result though not disastrous. 

It's still in our hands and I'm confident we'll be in top 6 come end of season, we just don't want to get back in habit of drawing and conceding late goals like earlier in season. 

• Like 1