Thee referee tho

If we’d have got the ball down and played to our strengths we wouldn’t have noticed the ref. We’d have played them off the park.

When they drop and con the ref we must learn to adapt and not give away silly set pieces in dangerous areas.

That wasn’t football tonight…AS were dreadful but did their job very well. We didn’t.

7 hours ago, DaveClark said:

I beg to differ.

Every time they had an arm in our players backs or pushing - not a single one was given.

50/50's all went their way, Hutchinson's booking was a disgrace.

They came to be physical and con the ref into giving cheap free kicks away, he fell for it - either fell for it or was up for causing an upset himself.   

He does hail from Middlesborough territory, they don't seem to have much liking for things Yorkshire do they?

The ref was a cheat, pure and simple - to coat it otherwise is stupid.   Ross Joyce is either bent or inept, either way we should not have to put up with such rubbish - it's about time Ref's and all officials were paid a good wage and made professional, and judged accordingly.   By paid a good wage, I mean, make it a really attractive wage to attract those who will want to do a good job for a great wage - with all the money in football why does this not happen?    

Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstysfags said:

Was the ref crap in all the games we won recently?

There is always debate around the extremes of football. Several times this season there has been discussion praising referees and also discussion regarding poor refereeing performances. 

I don't think anyone is suggesting the ref had any responsibility in the result, we didn't do enough to win the game. But, the referee was noticable throughout the game for the wrong reasons.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I liked his Mike Dean impersonation (both hands up, advantage played) tbf 

that was it 

not the reason we didn’t win though (but he was still shiiite) 

So he uses the standard FA signal for advantage and he’s impersonating another ref?…wtf

Although to be fair I noticed he blew his whistle at the start of the game as well…..very Craig Pawson that was 

11 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Crap for both teams really but some of the ‘fouls’ he gave on their defenders were soft as shíte — they just needed to go down as soon as one of our players was anywhere near them and they’d win the free kick. Made no attempt to try and put a stop to their time wasting all game either 

I’m always intrigued what people mean when they say it was a “soft” foul?

11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't talk wet mate..we didn't draw the game because the ref was biased.

Honestly?

He never said that. Read his comments again.

Every time there is a post about a poor referee, there is ALWAYS a comment about "you cant blame the referee for the poor result". The op even said that. This is about the referee, not the result........and yes he was abysmal.

Fell for every bit of falling ove they did (and they did a lot), yet ignores them virtually strangling and wrestling our players at times.

The hutch booking was scandalous. The reaction of their player involved in the tackle was laughable. He thought he was in trouble for the foul not hutch

• Like 2

11 hours ago, harrwawaw said:

terrible referee tonight added to a performance that was made any easier by the diving, time wasting baskets in red. however, drawing to accrington stanley when we are on a play off push is horrific and embarrassing, how the mighty have fallen.

They weren’t the only ones…..Berahino’s dive on the 2nd half when he could have been through in to a very promising position was embarrassing 

I have posted similar comments in ref threads before but it is worth posting again. I have a friend who’s an ex referee. When I talked to him about being a Wednesday fan and how we were in L1 he laughed. The standard of refereeing down here is a joke even to other referees. They get paid buttons and are notoriously garbage. My mate says it’s like the Wild West. You might get the odd good up and coming ref but in the main they are dog poo. 

The only thing to bear in mind is would you want to do it yourself? I certainly wouldn’t. Last nights ref was one of the poorest, but his rubbish decisions were in the main things that didn’t directly cost us. We lost because Accrington bullied us.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Case in point - Gregory nicks the ball off their defender, defender goes down, free kick given for a perfectly good tackle. That’s why I wrote ‘foul’ rather than foul!

So when you say soft you mean “wasn’t”………I ask because that’s not always what people mean