Thee referee tho

Crap for both teams really but some of the ‘fouls’ he gave on their defenders were soft as shíte — they just needed to go down as soon as one of our players was anywhere near them and they’d win the free kick. Made no attempt to try and put a stop to their time wasting all game either 

• Like 3

Standard league one ref. Makes a decision, looks around like a pigeon defending a stale piece of bread, jogs off, gets in the way of the ball, waits 42 seconds, brings play back, looks around like a fish having sex, yellow cards himself, runs about some more etc etc....

Edited by Fablon Dunlop
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Crap for both teams really but some of the ‘fouls’ he gave on their defenders were soft as shíte — they just needed to go down as soon as one of our players was anywhere near them and they’d win the free kick. Made no attempt to try and put a stop to their time wasting all game either 

I beg to differ.

Every time they had an arm in our players backs or pushing - not a single one was given.

50/50's all went their way, Hutchinson's booking was a disgrace.

They came to be physical and con the ref into giving cheap free kicks away, he fell for it - either fell for it or was up for causing an upset himself.   

He does hail from Middlesborough territory, they don't seem to have much liking for things Yorkshire do they?

The ref was a cheat, pure and simple - to coat it otherwise is stupid.   Ross Joyce is either bent or inept, either way we should not have to put up with such rubbish - it's about time Ref's and all officials were paid a good wage and made professional, and judged accordingly.   By paid a good wage, I mean, make it a really attractive wage to attract those who will want to do a good job for a great wage - with all the money in football why does this not happen?    

• Like 6

Says a lot when he didn’t have one big decision to make and the majority of fans will have thought he had a shocker.

Didn't let the game flow, got in the way of attacks, bought every ‘foul’ and allowed them to time waste from the first minute. Never felt like he was in control. Why refs don’t speak to the players before the game and warn them that they’ll be booked for time wasting and kicking the ball away I’ll never know. Then if they do it. Book them. Doesn’t matter if it’s 5 minutes in. I’ve missed watching the last few games sadly and tonight just puts me right off the enjoyment of watching a game.

terrible referee tonight added to a performance that was made any easier by the diving, time wasting baskets in red. however, drawing to accrington stanley when we are on a play off push is horrific and embarrassing, how the mighty have fallen.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He was close to Sunday league standard but he's not why we drew the game.

There was only one team wanting to play football.

I wonder if you watch the game back and analyse every time they got a free kick, how many times would you disagree with that decision?

• Love 1

Just now, DaveClark said:

There was only one team wanting to play football.

I wonder if you watch the game back and analyse every time they got a free kick, how many times would you disagree with that decision?

Don't talk wet mate..we didn't draw the game because the ref was biased.

Honestly?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't talk wet mate..we didn't draw the game because the ref was biased.

Honestly?

I am not talking wet.

If you care to look at the decisions made by the ref, that had direct consequence on the play.

And, please don't call me mate if you are going to be talking stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

I am not talking wet.

If you care to look at the decisions made by the ref, that had direct consequence on the play.

And, please don't call me mate if you are going to be talking stupid.

You're right.

I shouldn't have used perjorative language.

Forgive me .. I'm boiling mad with the result.

• Like 2