Fans leaving early

1 hour ago, xploreowl said:

You’ll always miss the game from when we came back from 3 down (not that it happens often) if you do that every time. Pretty simple. 

How many missed the comeback against MK, that was brilliant. Loads around me left before Gregory's equaliser. I don't get it, why would you miss the elation of something like that just to get home 15 mins earlier.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

How many missed the comeback against MK, that was brilliant. Loads around me left before Gregory's equaliser. I don't get it, why would you miss the elation of something like that just to get home 15 mins earlier.

Because  its people expressing free choice to leave!!!  no ones business but theres....Really dont know why people are presuming to impose THEIR value systyms on others....

I am a vegetarian,but i dont tell other fans not to eat their beres,pork pies,meat pies etc.....I dont agree with killing and eating animals....

But i dont expect every other fan to share my views....

WAWAW? but how we support and follow our team/club is an entirely individual thing.....long may it be so....

Plenty of people (like me) dont do well in large gatherings,being crowded,jostled,etc etc...

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2022 at 09:51, Owly Mowly said:

I think it’s getting worse - I can’t ever remember the exodus of fans from the 85th minute all the years I’ve been going like it is now.

Late-80s, early 90s when I was a little kid my dad always used to make us leave 5-6min early and we’d run like we were being chased - along with large crowds of others doing the same - for about three quarters of a mile to the car, jump in and floor it…only to go around one corner and already be in a massive tailback 75% of the time.

Now we stay to the end and still seem to get home much quicker than we ever did back then. Dunno if it’s the introduction of the trams since those days or what, but traffic doesn’t seem anything like as crazy trying to get away from Hillsborough as it once did.

Makes me think MORE people used to leave early, not fewer, but then again we were probably getting 30k crowds quite often, so maybe it was still more people but a smaller % than now.

Edited by Mr. Tom

39 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

As soon as they scored the equaliser last night,  loads around me got up and left. There was 10 minutes left, how about staying and cheering your team on to get the winner?

The trick is to leave early before the opposition equalise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2