Fans leaving early

Not even sure why it matters? people pay there money and if they want to go down for a Pie/Pint early,leave early,whats he big deal?They are exercising free choice,something others dont have,but we take for granted.

Most i would guess leave early so they dont get caught up in crowds,are older,disabled, or simply dont like the large crowds....all perfectly valid....

As are those who want to stay to clap/boo what ever....

• Like 2

Think it’s weird that fans leave early but it’s up to them. Find it a bit irritating when you have to stand up to let them out but I don’t think we should ban them from the ground 🤣 They are no rules on how to support the Wednesday (except you can’t say Come on United, wear red and white stripes etc)

I have to confess that I have left early twice in 4O odd years following the Owls - once  about 5 minutes before the end at home to Plymouth when they beat us 3-1  because my 7 year old daughter was freezing (and we then missed Micheal Reddy’s consolation goal) and the other time was the 0-5 Everton FA cup mauling when I left at 0-5 at half time… Won’t be leaving early again (save for some domestic emergency)

Yeah,I was picking up my wife and daughter at 1730 as they both had a dubious dodgy walk to do on their own,  from there we had a meal booked for my other daughters birthday at 1745.

Get a life dude,does it matter if people go early?

Oh and for night matches I go early to miss the traffic as I get up at 0430 to go to work, jeepers creepers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baytan Blue said:

Yeah,I was picking up my wife and daughter at 1730 as they both had a dubious dodgy walk to do on their own,  from there we had a meal booked for my other daughters birthday at 1745.

Oh and for night matches I go early to miss the traffic as I get up at 0430 to go to work, jeepers creepers.

Just asking out of curiosity, not to be a d13k, but when you leave early on a night game, how early do you leave and how much does it save you? 

14 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Happens every week but 6-0 up and absolutely outstanding performance yet people leaving in the 80th minute onwards? Can anyone who leaves tell me why? Genuinely intrigued . Don’t you want to give the players a well deserved pat on the back etc

Always baffles me. It’s like going to the cinema and not seeing the end of the film 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Always baffles me. It’s like going to the cinema and not seeing the end of the film 

In cinema I used to do that regularly... now I stopped going 

• Haha 1

Nothing like.

ar the cinema you don’t need to have to leave at the Xmas time as 20 odd thousand others and fight to get on the bus when you’re disabled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not quite.  Unless on 90 minutes I’m missing Chansiri reveal he’s actually Moore’s father,  or that Bannan is really Keyzer Soze, or that Berahino is a figment of my imagination and it was me scoring the hat trick, I doubt people missed too much to change the outcome of the game.  Plus there’s the match shown on the concourses when you leave and highlights available online at 5.30pm so people can still see what happened and don’t have to wait 6 months to see the last 3 minutes on DVD. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not quite.  Unless on 90 minutes I’m missing Chansiri reveal he’s actually Moore’s father,  or that Bannan is really Keyzer Soze, or that Berahino is a figment of my imagination and it was me scoring the hat trick, I doubt people missed too much to change the outcome of the game.  Plus there’s the match shown on the concourses when you leave and highlights available online at 5.30pm so people can still see what happened and don’t have to wait 6 months to see the last 3 minutes on DVD. 

lol

42 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

You could avoid even having your Saturday afternoon being interrupted then and not go and just watch it on dvd later

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Thing is, if you stay and clap every single player off back into the tunnel, then have a quick wizz in the bogs before the walk home or to the tram, you'll find most of the crowd has already dispersed.

If you're driving, a casual walk back to the car and even the heavy traffic has gone. I've found it doesn't actually take that long for the traffic to flow normal again and makes things a lot less stressful.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 08:41, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Happens every week but 6-0 up and absolutely outstanding performance yet people leaving in the 80th minute onwards? Can anyone who leaves tell me why? Genuinely intrigued . Don’t you want to give the players a well deserved pat on the back etc

Why do you care? 😂

I’m sure it does, but you never see it happen at others grounds like you do ours.

cant understand why so many people do it, what are they in such a mad rush to do!? unless we’re getting battered I’d never leave early, not many better moments in football than a last minute winner/ equaliser.. and as mentioned the lads deserved the plaudits at full time Saturday 

• Like 1

• Haha 1