Fans leaving early

Right today on Owlstalk. i've learnt that...

I'd need a permission slip from the True fans committee to attend any matches from now on to the end of the season, despite having 9 season tickets prior to 2020.

And i'd need to get the ok  before I can leave early.

Gotcha.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Never understood it. If I was a Wednesday player yesterday looking at an empty Kop, I’d have thought “you set of ungrateful bar stools”. 
Bloke near me leaves every game on the 80th minute mark. Ten minutes per game (at least) x 23 = 230 minutes. Just over two and a half home games per season missed. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Aye, when I had my season ticket on the South Stand bloke next to me went for a pint on 38 minutes without fail and always left with 8 minutes to go. I asked him after the K Lee last minute winner against Bristol if he was going to stay until the end this week and he said no, it wouldn't happen again this year. Him leaving early means I could  get out quicker at full time. Each to their own I say.

As a masochist I always stay until the end, apart from we got hammered away at Leyton Orient. Left after 70 minutes that day I was so pi$$ed off with our terrible performance.  For trivia fans I think that was Harry Kane's first ever professional goal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Getting back in good time to watch Catchphrase.

I never use to understand this but if you are parked in car park opposite kop it can take ages to get out. 

When we played Rotherham we ended up going in car because Rotherham Owls bus was full and it took us over an hour to get out, and we left 3 or 4 minutes before end. 

Gets my goat more when game is on a knife edge with just a goal separating teams. I would never leave early when it's this wherever I'm parked. 

6 hours ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

I left my seat on my 48 minutes to miss the crush in the toilets and missed the Byers goal! 😭 And it looked like a few Cambridge fans left just before halftime. But it definitely looks better for the team to be clapped off by a fuller stadium than a near empty one. In my teens, I used live on the other side of Sheffield and would live early to catch one of the buses that used to line up on Penistone Road. I would be home at half past five. Now I live 5 minutes away and clap the team off, wait for the crowd to disperse and be home for half past five. 😁

There was quite a few Cambridge fans ( tended to be younger supporters) leaving when we made it 3-0

6 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Only ever left a match early once. That was Ipswich away when we’d just signed Jeffers and we’re 3-0 down. 

Hate to see everyone leave early, also ruins it for the people still wanting to watch the match.

That was a mad comeback that one. Jeffers' fourth was an absolute peach.

• Haha 1