Fans leaving early

27 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

And I still reckon the people who leave early see more of the game than the ones going for a beer on 30 mins.

The amount of people on 33 mins yesterday going down to the concourse, anybody who left with a few mins to go saw 6 goals, the ones going for a beer may have only seen 2 depending on when they got back to their seat.

This,  never understood why people are so desperate for beer they can’t last 90 minutes without one.  Why go to football and miss 15 minutes of play to stand in a queue for a beer you can get at 5pm or any other time in the week.  I sometimes leave games on 90 mins to beat traffic and get home to my 9 month old.  But missing football for beer is a strange one to me.  But anyway ,  UTO 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t remember ever leaving early…think it’s a remnant of my youth. Fayther always used to give it ten minutes at the end to let the crush to get out clear a bit ( mind you not much crushing in the 70’s with 12,000 in the ground) and….we used to scoot round the Kop picking up Park Drive packets to send in and get the Park Drive football year book ( which wasn’t worth the effort of collecting the packets in the end).

Had some quite scary exits via the tunnel under the Ozzie Owl club/restaurant where my feet were clear of the ground and I was still moving along with the mob. Can still hear t’old fella saying “Keep thi  hands aht o’thi pockets, in case tha falls!”

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Happens every week but 6-0 up and absolutely outstanding performance yet people leaving in the 80th minute onwards? Can anyone who leaves tell me why? Genuinely intrigued . Don’t you want to give the players a well deserved pat on the back etc

With all due respect, it is upto the individual. They pay their money they can leave when they like. It does make a difference by leaving 5 minutes early as to what time you get home.

I left at full time yesterday but it does take that bit longer to get home.

Edited by sexpistol

33 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

It's called disability some of us aren't as able bodied as most supporters and taking the risk of being knocked flying by fans streaming out on 90 min isn't worth the risk, then there's the walk back to the car which takes me a lot longer than most and the distance due to the lack of disabled parking, just because I leave early doesn't mean I support the team any less than any one else 50 yrs an owl home and away proves that.

It wasn’t meant as a dig at all pal to anyone and fair play to you for this . Genuinely intrigued that was all . Top marks and 50 years is a long time ! Especially supporting Wednesday lol… 

• Like 3

Happens every week but 6-0 up and absolutely outstanding performance yet people leaving in the 80th minute onwards? Can anyone who leaves tell me why? Genuinely intrigued . Don’t you want to give the players a well deserved pat on the back etc

Once it got to 6-0 I felt comfortable of winning by the odd goal, so went for me fish & chips.👍

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

And I still reckon the people who leave early see more of the game than the ones going for a beer on 30 mins.

The amount of people on 33 mins yesterday going down to the concourse, anybody who left with a few mins to go saw 6 goals, the ones going for a beer may have only seen 2 depending on when they got back to their seat.

TV's on't Concourse?.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Once it got to 6-0 I felt comfortable of winning by the odd goal, so went for me fish & chips.👍

Did you really???? Not interested to see, if we would make double figures??? Not worried, that you might miss the goal of the year?

Five hour round trip for me to watch Wednesday. If I leave after the whistle you can add another half an hour on to that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Me too. Actually when the fifth went in I turned to my lad and said “I think we are safe now” - although to be honest I was secretly happy we got the sixth just to be absolutely sure…

• Haha 1