UEFA 2028

I assume Windsor park is too small at 22,000. Would be great to have Ireland and Northern Ireland represented. 

Euros is so diluted now with so many teams but I did enjoy the last one. Probably because England did so well. 

it’s a bit of a long shot to hope a developed Hillsborough would be involved. 

1 hour ago, HighworthOwl said:

I assume Windsor park is too small at 22,000. Would be great to have Ireland and Northern Ireland represented. 

Euros is so diluted now with so many teams but I did enjoy the last one. Probably because England did so well. 

Yeah Windsor Park is too small. Although seeing it packed for a game between two of smaller nations would make for better atmosphere than a bigger stadium  half full.

3 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

Think the capacity requirements are 30,000, so they will have to expand it if Northern Ireland are to host a game. 

Dublin will presumably have Aviva Stadium and Scotland Hampden and Murrayfield. Wales the Millennium Stadium. 

That would leave 7 stadiums in England if they are to use 12 like in Euro 2020.

Obvs Wembley will be one

Old Trafford 

Tottenham 

St James Park

Villa Park 

Anfield

London Stadium?

Presumably it will be Elland Road if Yorkshire is to get one, which I doubt tbh as the stadiums aren’t modern/big enough.

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Think the capacity requirements are 30,000, so they will have to expand it if Northern Ireland are to host a game. 

Dublin will presumably have Aviva Stadium and Scotland Hampden and Murrayfield. Wales the Millennium Stadium. 

That would leave 7 stadiums in England if they are to use 12 like in Euro 2020.

Obvs Wembley will be one

Old Trafford 

Tottenham 

St James Park

Villa Park 

Anfield

London Stadium?

Presumably it will be Elland Road if Yorkshire is to get one, which I doubt tbh as the stadiums aren’t modern/big enough.

You only need 10 stadiums for a Euros

Aviva

Hampden

Principality

Wembley

Spurts?

London Stadium?

Arsenal?

Old Trafford?

City Of Manchester?

Liverpool?

Everton?

Newcastle?

The World Cup has a clause that says only one stadium in each city. Not sure if that applies for the Euros

2 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

You only need 10 stadiums for a Euros

Aviva

Hampden

Principality

Wembley

Spurts?

London Stadium?

Arsenal?

Old Trafford?

City Of Manchester?

Liverpool?

Everton?

Newcastle?

The World Cup has a clause that says only one stadium in each city. Not sure if that applies for the Euros

Really can’t see them using two stadiums in one city (outside London). The pressure will be on the FA to spread it around the country. Villa Park and St James’ Park will definitely be in there IMO. 

It will be interesting whether Everton’s new stadium pips Anfield to host one. 

17 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I’m surprised after the embarrassment of the Euro 2020 final. I would’ve thought UEFA would look elsewhere even if we are the only bidders. 

Fifa and Uefa turn a blind eye to almost everything. Don't think a few hundred drunk muppets will stop us genuinely bidding. 

• Like 3

On 08/03/2022 at 20:46, EighteenSixty7 said:

I’m surprised after the embarrassment of the Euro 2020 final. I would’ve thought UEFA would look elsewhere even if we are the only bidders. 

As always with UEFA money talks. They are pretty much guaranteed a big financial return on a UK & Ireland tournament, which in the current uncertain environment is all they care about. 

20 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

After the behaviour of our fans and the British public last summer,  I don't think we should be hosting any tournaments. I can't believe how lightly the English FA got off after that.

From UEFA's perspective the equivalent issues arise at every tournament though. For example hooliganism is and has been present at every major tournament. Apart from it being condemned and covered in the media it never really matters beyond that. 

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
On 08/03/2022 at 19:34, owls maniac said:

Really can’t see them using two stadiums in one city (outside London). The pressure will be on the FA to spread it around the country. Villa Park and St James’ Park will definitely be in there IMO. 

It will be interesting whether Everton’s new stadium pips Anfield to host one. 

Yorkshire will get one.