Medical Emergency on North Stand Last Night

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Saw on Facebook (from a family member of the person) that it was a lady having an epileptic fit

Should also add - apparently she is fine.  Probably worrying for the people near her, hence the signalling to stop the game, but actually not too serious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, PTLiam said:

Crackers how regular this is happening at grounds all over the country now. 

Nah. Think there’s a new rule where games have to be stopped if there’s a medical emergency, or it’s just become a thing to signal for the teams medical staff in all scenarios now? 

People will point towards a ‘’correlation’’ between Covid/vaccines and these amount of incidents. Of course in this persons case it wasn’t anything to do with it. But before this season, these medical incidents still happened in stadiums.

think about it. 20-24 teams per league. So at least 42 games in the league happening up and down this country alone?? However many thousands upon thousands of fans in these stadiums. Law of averages says that one person is gonna faint/collapse/fall ill and require some sort of extended medical attention.

It just so happens that nowadays it’s broadcasted a lot more cos, for whatever reason, games are being stopped. 

Had an old chap fall unconscious sat behind me in a game against Leeds a while back. Hooper scored twice?? Anyway. Game wasn’t stopped and no club doctor needed. In fact I think we scored as the man was being carted off by regular paramedics. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Nah. Think there’s a new rule where games have to be stopped if there’s a medical emergency, or it’s just become a thing to signal for the teams medical staff in all scenarios now? 

People will point towards a ‘’correlation’’ between Covid/vaccines and these amount of incidents. Of course in this persons case it wasn’t anything to do with it. But before this season, these medical incidents still happened in stadiums.

think about it. 20-24 teams per league. So at least 42 games in the league happening up and down this country alone?? However many thousands upon thousands of fans in these stadiums. Law of averages says that one person is gonna faint/collapse/fall ill and require some sort of extended medical attention.

It just so happens that nowadays it’s broadcasted a lot more cos, for whatever reason, games are being stopped. 

Had an old chap fall unconscious sat behind me in a game against Leeds a while back. Hooper scored twice?? Anyway. Game wasn’t stopped and no club doctor needed. In fact I think we scored as the man was being carted off by regular paramedics. 

Did we also used to carry on playing when players collapsed on the pitch with chest pain? Or is that not happening more too?

• Like 1

I think we need to have (st John’s ambulance) medical teams in each stand.

Im not saying it’s right or wrong but we used to play games where everything continued even when people were taken seriously ill and, on occasion, passed away and, as match spectators, we accepted that. 

Sorry if I appear callous but I think this stooping of the game to attend to someone in the stands is getting out of hand now. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PTLiam said:

Crackers how regular this is happening at grounds all over the country now. 

Are these incidents more common or would they have been dealt with by paramedics and the St John's Ambulance rather stopping the game for the team physios?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Did we also used to carry on playing when players collapsed on the pitch with chest pain? Or is that not happening more too?

Dunno. 

Eriksen collapsed in the summer and Aguero went off with complaints.

But then Marc Vivien Foe collaped and died in 2003 and Fabrice Muamba was dead for 10 mins in 2012.

53 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Reminds me of Joy Riding, they reported it on the news as it apparently was a thing in Ireland, then it just escalated over night on the mainland.

Monkey see, monkey do.  

We are apes after all. 

You speak for yourself.

Anyway, I haven't got time for this, I've got some poo to throw about.

• Haha 4