Burton Albion

Actually thought at times they looked quite slick moving the ball and had a few decent players. We should have been out of sight first 30 mins but they hung in there and at one point at 2-2 the game was in the balance. 
Agree in another post that moving Hutch into the middle at the hour mark was the turning point. 
But I thought Burton kept pushing and look decent they should be ok in this league this year. The lad who scored their second looks a handful. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, edwinowl said:

Actually thought at times they looked quite slick moving the ball and had a few decent players. We should have been out of sight first 30 mins but they hung in there and at one point at 2-2 the game was in the balance. 
Agree in another post that moving Hutch into the middle at the hour mark was the turning point. 
But I thought Burton kept pushing and look decent they should be ok in this league this year. The lad who scored their second looks a handful. 

Oumar Niasse, he did cost Everton nearly £14m to be fair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

They were strangely decent, and OK linking up going forward. 

I think they only had 3 shots on target though thankfully. 

It was a good test for us at 2-2

It was a strange one , couldn't work out if they were decent enough to cause us problems or that we just looked nervous to hell at the back? Probably expected with the personnel changes until Hunt and Palmer reverted to their normal positions. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

It was a strange one , couldn't work out if they were decent enough to cause us problems or that we just looked nervous to hell at the back? Probably expected with the personnel changes until Hunt and Palmer reverted to their normal positions. 

We were nervous at the back, looked likely to concede. A positive ia that we are stronger as a team now and didn't panic like earlier in the season.

35 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Shouldn’t have been on the pitch after the assault on Hutch.  

our midfield was the difference, led by Bannan but well supported by those around him. 

Thought Pato did well up front and was a nuisance all day, but i think he is better with Berahino alongside him. 

Niasse for them (formerly of Everton) looked very good for this level and think he has had some injury issues hence his drop down the divisions.

Hasselbaink is doing a good job there and has pulled together a decent league 1 squad.

• Like 1