George Byers

Saw him in the 0:3 loss to Hartlepool at the beginning of December and thought he looked awful. Having said that, the entire team had a stinker that night, and he was coming back from injury. 

Initially I thought he had a look of Reach about him when it came to tackling... well he's squashed that notion over the last 4 or 5 performances.

Must admit though, when he went in for that cruncher in front of the North in the second half, I winced (as i did when Pato did the same moments later). 

Edited by Ginner
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ginner said:

Must admit though, when he went in for that cruncher in front of the North in the second half, I winced (as i did when Pato did the same moments later). 

Likewise. I was pleasantly surprised that both players got up and got in with it. Well done both for not milking it. 

Edited by jamthesun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DuttyTeabags said:

As said in Mom thread, reminds me of a cross between Danny Wilson and Scott Parker. Strong, loves a tackle, good passer, technical, good in the air, won lots of headers today. 

Very good balance to midfield and defense at the moment, just need some spark upfront... 

We was saying today that he reminded us of Kieran Lee the way he runs. 

• Like 3

I was sceptical earlier in the season, he contributed very little in what playing time he managed, hit the post at Morecambe and did little else. He and Wing produced one of the lamest central midfield performances I've ever seen against Hartlepool. 

But fair play, he's been excellent in this run in the team and that's reflected in the team performances as well. Hope he can keep it up, because we've got nobody else to play there at the moment! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1