**PITCH UPDATE** part deux

17 hours ago, Animis said:

made me laugh when the sprinklers came on at half time - joking apart, seems the drainage is ok at least

I laughed more when the Charlton player running down left wing with ball in front of North stand in second half  tripped up as though an invisible man had pushed him from behind. 🤣 He then did a similar fall a few minutes later. 

Guest mrbluesky
On 26/02/2022 at 19:36, TodwickOwl said:

Loads of rain Monday and Tuesday 

We will be back to square one again

Mate, I don't know whether you've noticed, but we are on square -38!

Guest mrbluesky

There seems to be an elephant in the room here (no, not Chansiri`s), We have a 23-year-old lad in charge of the pitch.

Whilst I appreciate the lad is doing his best under difficult circumstances, and it appears a maintenance plan hasn't been in place, it just shows you where we are at as a club. 

52 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

There seems to be an elephant in the room here (no, not Chansiri`s), We have a 23-year-old lad in charge of the pitch.

Whilst I appreciate the lad is doing his best under difficult circumstances, and it appears a maintenance plan hasn't been in place, it just shows you where we are at as a club. 

Looking at the pitches at Middlewood. I think it’s harsh to scapegoat the grounds staff.  It’s obviously the failure to invest in the right equipment to maintain a GrassMaster system. The fault lies fully with the owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Looking at the pitches at Middlewood. I think it’s harsh to scapegoat the grounds staff.  It’s obviously the failure to invest in the right equipment to maintain a GrassMaster system. The fault lies fully with the owner.

I agree, and again it's down to the owner for putting someone inexperienced at the helm, but someone possibly with more experience could have had a better outcome? Obviously we'll never know, so I agree it is a bit harsh on the lad, but it has to be factored in. 

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I agree, and again it's down to the owner for putting someone inexperienced at the helm, but someone possibly with more experience could have had a better outcome? Obviously we'll never know, so I agree it is a bit harsh on the lad, but it has to be factored in. 

So in essence you are talking poo  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I think it is more to do with the fact that the ground is next to the river. Even though it hasn't flooded, the water still rises through the ground underneath the pitch.

I'm afraid until the river is dredged quite a bit (or even better diverted), then this is what the pitch is going to be like.

Unfortunately the groundsman is unable to do anything about this, unless he can divert the river away from the ground.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
9 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I think it is more to do with the fact that the ground is next to the river. Even though it hasn't flooded, the water still rises through the ground underneath the pitch.

I'm afraid until the river is dredged quite a bit (or even better diverted), then this is what the pitch is going to be like.

Unfortunately the groundsman is unable to do anything about this, unless he can divert the river away from the ground.

It's next to the river, but crucially above it (just), it's all dependent on the level under the pitch, of this I don't think anyone knows.

My point being is it isn't helping to have a very inexperienced groundsman

17 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I have been a supporter for nigh-on 60 years and during the 60s 70s 80s and 90s have never known the ground to be flooded or affecting the playing surface due to the locality of the river. 

Maybe there is another factor! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longreach said:

I have been a supporter for nigh-on 60 years and during the 60s 70s 80s and 90s have never known the ground to be flooded or affecting the playing surface due to the locality of the river. 

Maybe there is another factor! 

Exactly, so many other clubs have grounds bang next to the river. It screams of poor maintenance, through not having the tools. I can accept the area under the south stand, but what about the rest? 
Something isn’t quite right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

All this worry about water coming over the top…Just dredge the river Don ….it’s full of fallen tree branches / old tyres/ Aldi trolleys… bet it will drop 3ft when all the sh”t is out of it..

Can't just dredge the river at the side of the ground it needs doing all the way down and by the EA or Rivers trust or whom ever is responsible for the upkeep of the waterway

43 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

It's next to the river, but crucially above it (just), it's all dependent on the level under the pitch, of this I don't think anyone knows.

My point being is it isn't helping to have a very inexperienced groundsman

Sorry that's what I was trying to allude to. Albeit not in the best way.

56 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

How often have the residents of Winster and Parkside Roads had problems with their cellars flooding?