**PITCH UPDATE** part deux

There was a bit in The Stir from today where DM said he 'was happy with the pitch & it's sorted'.

Really? It looks awful, but as has been said elsewhere it could work in our favour, but I'm not so sure, espeically if we pick up more injuries on it.
The bit in front of the South Stand looks like a beach and Liam Palmer hit a couple of bobblers in the second half but got away with it.

The only time I can remember the pitch being worse was around 2014/15 I think. We played out a midweek 0-0 with Birmingham & the pitch was absolutely atrocious.

• Haha 1

Guest Musttryharder
18 minutes ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

There was a bit in The Stir from today where DM said he 'was happy with the pitch & it's sorted'.

Really? It looks awful, but as has been said elsewhere it could work in our favour, but I'm not so sure, espeically if we pick up more injuries on it.
The bit in front of the South Stand looks like a beach and Liam Palmer hit a couple of bobblers in the second half but got away with it.

The only time I can remember the pitch being worse was around 2014/15 I think. We played out a midweek 0-0 with Birmingham & the pitch was absolutely atrocious.

It looked 10 times worse than it actually played. It didn't cut up and it didn't do too bad. 

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Loads of rain Monday and Tuesday 

We will be back to square one again

Sunny tomorrow, rain on Monday, dry on Tuesday and remainder of next week according to forecasts I've seen. 

A bit of rain now and again will do pitch good as long as we get plenty of sunshine and temps are not too low.

image.png.ebe13ebd754e0f9460c994590ed964cd.pngimage.png.e49974076bca132203828bf02b4d1fc5.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ANDY said:

A view from the north 

8215904F-D66F-44EC-BDCF-29CBFC1FF70E.jpeg

As seen here sun is getting higher in sky now and getting at more of pitch, it should start to recover soon and should have a good covering of grass on it come start of April unless we get some really cold weather which would slow things down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, graz gp said:

Do we know why the pitch is in such a mess. I thought all the drainage problems were sorted out when the new pitch was laid. The blunts had the same pitch as the owls and that looks ok. uto

They keep putting 💩 on it.   lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It is certainly a state but I suppose with my ‘glass half full’ head on at least the stadium didn’t actually flood and we still have a pitch to moan about. As has been said many times by others, god knows what we can do about it from here other than pray for good weather. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

There was one today where a normal side foot ground pass bobbled over Hunt’s foot and straight out for a Charlton throw right on that dodgy bit. Other than that it played alright but it’s a bit of an eyesore, be great to get some proper sun on it ASAP

Nothing a ton of green sand can't fix...

• Haha 2

No need for some sort of high-tech football pitch, half real, half plastic...the primary enemy of ANY plastic, no matter how high-tech this plastic may be, is SUNLIGHT, which wrecks plastic.  Natural grass thrives in sunlight. 

Derek Blunkett had no problem maintaining a natural-grass pitch, and the conditions in which he did it, have not changed, it's the same Hillsborough now, as it was in his day.  

20 hours ago, ANDY said:

Near groundsmans cabins under north 

https://www.agrigem.co.uk/profile-natural-greens-grade

826954DF-9618-4EAD-BD37-E62E1B4E6E3D.jpeg

So you have two colour choices with this stuff, natural which is the biscuit coloured stuff that we went for or emerald green which is specifically coloured to blend in with natural grass.  

I’d love to know why we chose natural. 

Be nice if the club came out and explained why the pitch is in the condition it is 

Maybe it’s been over played on recently with home games and a few under 23s or possible training if that has been the case ( and I’m sure the club would of reduced or moved under 23 games and training from it if it was effecting the pitch like that ) 

adverse weather 

but every other team faces the same problems so why is our pitch stand out awful there must be more too it 

Maintenance

drainage
natural sunlight

Like I said it be nice if the club can come out and explain what the issues are and set out a plan to rectify 

does it need doing again?

im sure they will address it in the off season my worries are 

will they address the problems and fix them or will the get the pitch playable again for the beginning of the season and us be in the same position in the winter again 

I’m sure there’s an easier enough explanation that can be put out in a statement to reassure the fans 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, graz gp said:

Do we know why the pitch is in such a mess. I thought all the drainage problems were sorted out when the new pitch was laid. The blunts had the same pitch as the owls and that looks ok. uto

They are not next to the Don with a tide table on par with Morecombe Bay. That said, with what was spent on it should hold up a lot better.

Guest Musttryharder
On 26/02/2022 at 20:02, graz gp said:

Can't be draining too bad, Sprinklers were used on Saturday. It can look dire, doesnt mean it plays badly.