Dronfield Owls old /new and Exiled

Guest Infamouszigg

I don't think it's a horrible place to live, saying that though I drive myself everywhere and know the place.

I have seen some strange looking chavs though, there are some on the next road dragging the place down.

They've got this horrible car, I've no idea what it is though because they've turned it into an enormous hoover.

Everytime I drive past they are working on it... making it look worse.

The only thing I don't like about it is the 20mph bit.

Are Dronny kids a bit stoopid?

Do they not educate the school children how to cross the road?

Do they just randomly walk out and cause accidents?

Flippin eck it was/still is 40mph outside my school!

Edited by Lovebear

I don't think it's a horrible place to live, saying that though I drive myself everywhere and know the place.

I have seen some strange looking chavs though, there are some on the next road dragging the place down.

They've got this horrible car, I've no idea what it is though because they've turned it into an enormous hoover.

Everytime I drive past they are working on it... making it look worse.

The only thing I don't like about it is the 20mph bit.

Are Dronny kids a bit stoopid?

Do they not educate the school children how to cross the road?

Do they just randomly walk out and cause accidents?

Flippin eck it was/still is 40mph outside my school!

Where is the 20mph bit??

THAT'S 20 mph??

B*gger me!! Never knew that! MAYBE I should start paying more attention to them big round things on sticks with numbers written on them next to the road!

Tell ya what gets me, why in the blue hell is Gosforth Drive a 30mph road, when EVERYBODY who drives on it goes AT LEAST 35? It is MORE than open enough for you to see if someone is likely to run into the road, and keeping it at 30 is nigh on impossible, especially if you're heading towards the civic. It's down-hill ffs!! Definitely should be changed to a 40mph road.

Well what else did you expect? Its a small road opposite to a large school and a number of shops, why do you need to go faster than 20 through it?

Because it is quite hard to do.

I guess maybe it is a psychological thing, and it was brought up on Top Gear once.

Naturally you would go through an area like that slower, due to it being a built up/busy area.

But keeping an eye on doing 20mph because there might be a traffic cop with a speed camera around the corner is probably more hazzardous (sp) and therefore creating dangerous driving because of not focusing upon the road and its surroundings.

Just a thought/personal backed up by TG theory...

Guest Infamouszigg

Because it is quite hard to do.

I guess maybe it is a psychological thing, and it was brought up on Top Gear once.

Naturally you would go through an area like that slower, due to it being a built up/busy area.

But keeping an eye on doing 20mph because there might be a traffic cop with a speed camera around the corner is probably more hazzardous (sp) and therefore creating dangerous driving because of not focusing upon the road and its surroundings.

Just a thought/personal backed up by TG theory...

Never had this problem in my day.

Bloody roundabouts, speed humps and spy cameras.

Mind you people did actually walk around the place back then rather than drive 200 yards down the road dropping kids off at school and doing the shopping etc.

God I'm sounding like a reight moaning old git these days (No comments please)

Infamous "Z"

Dronfield born, Dronfield bred

Now residing in the East Midlands :-)

lol

Guest aphextwins

I too am an Old Dronny boy

Went to Gorsey brigg juniors, Gosforth and left Fanshaw 1995... i think.

Is that idiot Mr Sedwick still at Fanshaw?

I used to go drinking in the Vic when Chris had it but i've not been round Dronners for ages now.

Dronny was a great place to grow up. You used to be able to get served when you was 14 in "Sellar 5" on green lane and the Threashers on Pentland and then go drinking poo poo like Special red on moon penny park and the cricket pavilion on stonelow... Ahh great days!

Guest Infamouszigg

Schooling started at Dronfield infants, a one year sabatical at Gorsey Brigg (the year it opened!) back to dronny infants and juniors then on up to Gosforth and then onto Fanshawe before residing at Chezzie college doing business studies on the eighth floor (top)

Work has taken me down to the East Midlands and I have taken on the task of uncovering fellow Wednesdayites hidden away in the dark recesses of this area.

Looks like we have a few fellow exiled Dronny Owls smattered about the country as well.

Happy Days

:biggrin: