Dronfield Owls old /new and Exiled

Guest Infamouszigg

RBOS round the corner? ;-)

WHAT??? You expect me to walk out of my way to get my money? Tut tut!To be fair, I just get it from trusty Pentland Road, which is closer to home anyway, but how stupid is it that the bank has to apply for planning permission to build their wall back?!?!

WHAT??? You expect me to walk out of my way to get my money? Tut tut!To be fair, I just get it from trusty Pentland Road, which is closer to home anyway, but how stupid is it that the bank has to apply for planning permission to build their wall back?!?!

Theres a bank at pentland road shops!Gadzooks - there wernt in my day. These Dronny town planners and their newfangled cash points in t'woodhouse. When i were a lad, if y'ad nay brass, n fancied a pint in t'Gorsey Brigg (jolly farmer), y 'ad t'walk down t' civic, n use t'midland.As an aside, did anyone else on here used to be a 'stoops' regular in the days when you could smoke pot in the snug (before the nasty refurb)?

Guest Infamouszigg

Theres a bank at pentland road shops!Gadzooks - there wernt in my day. These Dronny town planners and their newfangled cash points in t'woodhouse. When i were a lad, if y'ad nay brass, n fancied a pint in t'Gorsey Brigg (jolly farmer), y 'ad t'walk down t' civic, n use t'midland.As an aside, did anyone else on here used to be a 'stoops' regular in the days when you could smoke pot in the snug (before the nasty refurb)?

Ash Tree, Chaplins, White Swan, Sidings, occassionally Green Dragon were my haunts up until 1990.Popped into the Stoops whilst working at 'Gateway' (Somerfields) for a lunch time refresher.

what's your name?Kevin Gage now owns the dragon, and the stoops.

Aye, and the Farmer is absolute t*ss! Gone right down the pan under the current owners. Shame too, because it now means I have to walk all the way to the Stoops just to find a decent pub!I wouldn't tell my name on here, it could be dangerous. We have stalkers on here these days you know!

Guest markswfc

the Farmer is absolute t*ss! Gone right down the pan under the current owners.

Too right! Potentially that could be a great place but its awful!

Which is the best pub to watch the world cup by the way? Not been back in a couple of months so don't know which places have invested in big screens.

Think i'll be headed to the Talbot. Went there for the Euros 2 years back. Good atmosphere, a big screen and about 3 smaller ones. Stoops is a bit of a trek if you're from my neck of the woods, and I really don't like the Greyhound. As for the Miners, well I don't know what has happened to that place, but there's more life in the church graveyard these days! More atmosphere in my living room, and probably better beer too!

Aye, and the Farmer is absolute t*ss! Gone right down the pan under the current owners. Shame too, because it now means I have to walk all the way to the Stoops just to find a decent pub!

lol The farmers always been throw - even when it was the Gorsey - it always attreacted a certain pike. I used to 'have' to treck down the stoops from the allestree drive area pretty much every night! Fall out of there, down to the village fisheries for a chip butty/bab burger, then stagger home. Not that im an alchy or owt!Seriously peeps you need to get the fornicate out of the provincial hamlet that is Dronny. Come join the Guardian and museli club at Hunters Bar - You'll never look back, or pay waaaay over the odds for a taxi home from town.

Guest Infamouszigg

As we appear to have a few other exiled Dronfield Owls now residing in the Midlands are any of you guys up for coming to watch Wednesday down at Burton Albion on the 31st July and joining up with the Midland Owls?Straight down A38, First turn for Burton, straight down to roundabout, ground on your right.Mill Brook pub is on right, set back behind Ian Shipton's car show room, does food as well, also McDonalds 100 yards further down on right.Infamous ZiggLong Eaton / Dronfield / Burton-on-Trent

Guest Infamouszigg

i might pop down depending on what kind of side we put out

Keep posting on here or the Midlands thread if your going and fancy meeting up with the band of merry Midland Owls.Infamous

Guest Infamouszigg

infamous zigg - just how infamous are you?

Well I've been posting on this site now for 18 months and finally we have the first brave soul to ask that question!(Other than Aston-on-Trent Owl via pm, we now share driving to matches up from the East Midlands!)I'll leave a response to others on here who know me to take the p%&s> :tongue::laugh: :clap2: :clap: :biggrin: :yahoo:

Guest luggyismyhero

Well I've been posting on this site now for 18 months and finally we have the first brave soul to ask that question!(Other than Aston-on-Trent Owl via pm, we now share driving to matches up from the East Midlands!)I'll leave a response to others on here who know me to take the p%&s> :tongue::laugh: :clap2: :clap: :biggrin: :yahoo:

my guess is your a murderer