Jack Hunt 'The pitch shouldn't be how it is"

Agree Jack. 6 plus weeks no game on it

Upto 12days ago . Mild winter no ice/snow . Yes last 12days have been something else . The pitch is horrific is this part/all of the groundsman fault? I've no idea . How much do we spend on groundsmen, pitch compared to utd? 

Makes a good point about how long we didn’t play on the pitch. 7 weeks between Wycombe & Plymouth should have meant the pitch was in a very good condition. 

Would be very interesting to know why the pitch has deteriorated to the level it has. When you see United’s in top condition with literally the same weather as us and supposedly the same Desso pitch, it suggests that the upkeep of the Desso has been neglected. Wether that’s to do with cost or personnel? Who knows.

But what a shame that 6 years after spending £1m on a pitch it’s starting to look like it did back in 14/15.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Agree Jack. 6 plus weeks no game on it

Upto 12days ago . Mild winter no ice/snow . Yes last 12days have been something else . The pitch is horrific is this part/all of the groundsman fault? I've no idea . How much do we spend on groundsmen, pitch compared to utd? 

Think the groundsman part is probably an irrelevance when theyre not provided with the tools to maintain it. 

Lamps etc...just look at what proper clubs have on their pitch overnight etc and what we have. Pathetic really 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

I’m pretty sure on TV the bloke said Rotherham had done all their warm up drills in front of south stand which had made it a lot worse …. probably deliberately 

To be fair it should be able to withstand a football team warming up on it for half an hour

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Makes a good point about how long we didn’t play on the pitch. 7 weeks between Wycombe & Plymouth should have meant the pitch was in a very good condition. 

Would be very interesting to know why the pitch has deteriorated to the level it has. When you see United’s in top condition with literally the same weather as us and supposedly the same Desso pitch, it suggests that the upkeep of the Desso has been neglected. Wether that’s to do with cost or personnel? Who knows.

But what a shame that 6 years after spending £1m on a pitch it’s starting to look like it did back in 14/15.

I'm sure we had a couple of games on it, Hartlepool in pizza trophy and a FA Youth cup game. 

I've heard today that we've had a load of sand delivered this week to put on it. :duntmatter:

29 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Think the groundsman part is probably an irrelevance when theyre not provided with the tools to maintain it. 

Lamps etc...just look at what proper clubs have on their pitch overnight etc and what we have. Pathetic really 

We have the lights don't we?

It seems its a case of not having the right staff at the club to sort it or maintain it, is this Chansiri not spending or just appointing the wrong people? or both

Ive read posts over the last 2 weeks about how we had the ground staff previously who could look after it properly as has been seen over the first few years of the new pitch - then last 2-3 years its been shocking and not looked after it seems.

What can be done?

I saw the sand in the car park - is that going to help? how does that help?