Mark Hughes

markowl

3 hours ago, andrew1974 said:

They had nearly 17000 there today. Assume that’s not normal?

It looks like they average over 15k, with the highest crowd being 17.5k.

I was curious because I remember reading something about Bradford a few years ago about how they lowered ticket prices and made a big push to get families into the ground. Seems they get an extra 5k through the gate because of it.

An adult season ticket for this season at Bradford was £198. You could get a family of 4 in for £456.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Says something about his current stock when he's gone from Premier League to League Two. 

He seems to be one of those managers who built a reputation at one club and never quite replicated it (see Roy Keane).

He didn't really help himself with some odd career choices, and to be honest his methods were a bit old fashioned. Ultimately, I think he got found out managerially speaking.

I don't know whether to say fair play for trying to rebuild his career at a lower level, or find it a bit desperate. I suspect he is one of those managers whose time has been and gone, though.

On 25/02/2022 at 10:50, megsonstheman said:

Terrible manager, left every club in a worse position than when he joined them, ruined QPR  when he was there.

Job 1 Wales - Took over when they were abysmal. Left after they finished 2nd in group beating Italy in the process. Lost to Russia in play offs. 

Job 2 Blackburn - Took over in 2004 with aim of keeping them up, did so and got to FA cup semi. Next season took them to top 6 and qualified for Europe as well as League Cup semi. Next season finished 10th and for 3rd season in a row got to a cup semi. Next season finished 7th before leaving for City. 

Job 3 Man City - Finished 10th and then sacked for Mancini.

Job 4 Fulham - Finished 8th and qualified for UEFA. Was in charge for just one season before he resigned.

Job 5 QPR - appointed January 2012 and managed to keep them up. Sacked in November next season after a poor start.

Job 6 Stoke - Had the task of replacing Tony Pulis and maintains results whilst improving their style of play. First season finished 9th, eclipsing any finish from Pulis and Stoke’s best finish since 1975. Second season finished 9th again. Third season made it three years in a row of finishing 9th and reached League cup semi final. 4th season finished 13th before getting sacked.

Job 7 Southampton - Took over in March with club in relegation zone, kept them up. Next season started poorly, sacked in December with club 18th.

He’s had a very good managerial career, funny how peoples perceptions are so far off reality.

• Like 4

On 26/02/2022 at 07:47, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Sven was brought in under the previous owner I think he was a Thai bloke. They were starting to spend some money that season but it was when Hughes got the job that the current owners took over and were throwing serious money around notably signing Robinho on deadline day.

Your right Thaksin Shinawatra. I completely forgot all that! Didn't that owner go to prison for some dodgy dealings? 

Funny how these things just completely slip from memory I was sure Sven was in when the new owners turned up. 

I wonder if some City fans miss the club they were. Almost the anti-Man United club and now they are effectively United in Sky blue. I have a mate who is a Chelsea fan and he misses the "old days" used cars for sale next to the pitch and despises what they call JCLs (Johnny come lately) at the club now. 

50 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Job 1 Wales - Took over when they were abysmal. Left after they finished 2nd in group beating Italy in the process. Lost to Russia in play offs. 

Job 2 Blackburn - Took over in 2004 with aim of keeping them up, did so and got to FA cup semi. Next season took them to top 6 and qualified for Europe as well as League Cup semi. Next season finished 10th and for 3rd season in a row got to a cup semi. Next season finished 7th before leaving for City. 

Job 3 Man City - Finished 10th and then sacked for Mancini.

Job 4 Fulham - Finished 8th and qualified for UEFA. Was in charge for just one season before he resigned.

Job 5 QPR - appointed January 2012 and managed to keep them up. Sacked in November next season after a poor start.

Job 6 Stoke - Had the task of replacing Tony Pulis and maintains results whilst improving their style of play. First season finished 9th, eclipsing any finish from Pulis and Stoke’s best finish since 1975. Second season finished 9th again. Third season made it three years in a row of finishing 9th and reached League cup semi final. 4th season finished 13th before getting sacked.

Job 7 Southampton - Took over in March with club in relegation zone, kept them up. Next season started poorly, sacked in December with club 18th.

He’s had a very good managerial career, funny how peoples perceptions are so far off reality.

the thing he's missing is that he's not won anything or done anything in Europe or a good relegation survival job. Basically he's not really done anything to make the headlines. He's clearly done a steady job everywhere though. 

8 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

the thing he's missing is that he's not won anything or done anything in Europe or a good relegation survival job. Basically he's not really done anything to make the headlines. He's clearly done a steady job everywhere though. 

Well if he had would he be at Bradford? 

Guest Mcguigan
On 28/02/2022 at 10:31, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't know, I still imagine he could do much better than Bradford so might be something else drawing him there?

Word is he’s looking to invest in the club as well.

Wouldn't take much, financially, to put them as one of the favourites for promotion in League 2 next season.

Bet he pulls some decent loan signings as well.

9 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Word is he’s looking to invest in the club as well.

Wouldn't take much, financially, to put them as one of the favourites for promotion in League 2 next season.

Bet he pulls some decent loan signings as well.

Well they’ve always had decent crowds even when down the leagues, so the support is there it perhaps just needs a bit of ££ input