The Future of Hillsborough Stadium

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

it is a big tin shed but it is also described on Wiki as a multi purpose arena for concerts and sporting events 

My point is the council will not give the green light for a competitor to it 

Yes they will

There's been sporting events and concerts down at the lane in the last few years 

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Some car park that.  Must have a capacity of 17k cars minimum.  To clear it in 10 minutes, the average rate of egress has to be 1700 cars per minute.  That’s not including the walk from your seat to your car.  Impressive.

A car park with this capacity would need to be a minimum of 46 acres or 23 football pitches in area.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Every so often we get these let’s go to a new stadium threads and every time the two most important questions are rarely answered. 

1. Where would it be. 
2. Who would pay for it. 

Another question

3. How come other clubs have moved just fine by finding somewhere their new stadium would be and having someone pay for it

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Another question

3. How come other clubs have moved just fine by finding somewhere their new stadium would be and having someone pay for it

How come the four biggest clubs in Britain have remained and redeveloped their existing stadia?

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes they will

There's been sporting events and concerts down at the lane in the last few years 

one boxing match using the ground as it is now 

The comment is in regards to my previous replies on this thread where people are suggesting the building of a purpose built stadium to incorporate shopping centres, cinemas and putting a roof on it for concerts, that is what I'm saying the council will say no to 

Just now, Sham67 said:

How come the four biggest clubs in Britain have remained and redeveloped their existing stadia?

Because they chose to

Here's MY question - How come other clubs have moved just fine by finding somewhere their new stadium would be and having someone pay for it

Feel free to have a pop at answering that one

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

one boxing match using the ground as it is now 

The comment is in regards to my previous replies on this thread where people are suggesting the building of a purpose built stadium to incorporate shopping centres, cinemas and putting a roof on it for concerts, that is what I'm saying the council will say no to 

Throw a few quid at them or a % of the income and they'll sign anything you want 

Councils are driven by money 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Because they chose to

Here's MY question - How come other clubs have moved just fine by finding somewhere their new stadium would be and having someone pay for it

I will as soon as you’ve answered this one.

6 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Every so often we get these let’s go to a new stadium threads and every time the two most important questions are rarely answered. 

1. Where would it be. 
2. Who would pay for it. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another question

Certainly one of the reasons is quite a lot of clubs could get a very high price for their existing stadium and buy land in a cheaper area. That isn’t going to be the case for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sham67 said:

I will as soon as you’ve answered this one.

See this is one of those things where someone comes on and posts 'But if he goes who would we get?' like it's the fans responsibility to go out and do the chairman's business for him

It's not for US to identify a solution or a buyer or an investor or a plot of ******** land ffs

Hate these kind of posts where someone posts 'but who will buy us if the chairman goes' 

THAT'S NOT OUR JOB TO FIND SOMEONE

Now...

I've pointed out that plenty of clubs have easily simply moved ground, developed a new ground and paid for it 

instead of saying back to me 'yeah but where would it be and who would pay for it?' just look at the fact that if the desire is there it can be done easily and simply

Let's not be trying to push the responsibility onto Sheffield Wednesday fans to be going out doing archeological digs and surveys to determine the ideal plot of land, and then going out to find mutl-milion dollar investors and sponsors ffs

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because they chose to

I'll have a pop - we would need corporate sponsorship and IF DC is still here TUF or the like would be an option. The ground would need to be somewhere that has great transport links and be accessible for 7 day use. 

I put an option up at the side of J35 as this is still available through the coalfield regeneration scheme. There are options but lets be realistic as well - We must get promoted to the Championship for this to be even a dream, with a realistic vision of getting to the PL in the coming seasons

• Love 1

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Shopping malls? You simply aren't going to get planning permission for shopping malls and who is going to want a shopping mall in a football ground.

Conferencing and the like is the way forward use for weddings and other such like events.

I agree ffs.

Someone else earlier mentioned shopping mall and precisely my point, how, where, why etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Certainly one of the reasons is quite a lot of clubs could get a very high price for their existing stadium and buy land in a cheaper area.  

That's one way to do it

I'm not sure the land around our current ground can't be sorted tho?

Bet if it was London there'd be highrise, offices and upmarket flats on there no problem in no time

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop