Fleetwood game off -OMDT

Just now, theowlsman said:

Not a lot of people know this, but Fleetwood bought Arsenal's old ground and had it transported to the North West coast on the back of a big lorry.

Sheffield United put a bid in for Arsenal's ladies toilets at the time, when they were flush.

And part of the original stand from the speedway track is still intact and located untouched behind the football stand ...

It remains there because of the properties behind had buildings attached to it and as a result demolition of the stand would have caused dispute ....

You can't see any football if you stand in the old stand though...

image.jpeg.d298f29f7c7eb5aa3042e7679c2e7c3d.jpeg.c079e00d0e07250a83c3a5630172a46e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And part of the original stand from the speedway track is still intact and located untouched behind the football stand ...

It remains there because of the properties behind had buildings attached to it and as a result demolition of the stand would have caused dispute ....

You can't see any football if you stand in the old stand though...

image.jpeg.d298f29f7c7eb5aa3042e7679c2e7c3d.jpeg.c079e00d0e07250a83c3a5630172a46e.jpeg

It's debatable whether or not you can see any football from any of the other stands too...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I know you are over that way, so I hope the storm hasn't caused too many problems for you or others.

Thanks mate. It's been really hairy on the NW coast, still blowing about 60mph now but luckily, despite only being about 100 metres from the beach, we've just about got away with it. Apart from one of my fishing keepnets that was drying on the washing line and got ragged to bits after getting caught on the side of the greenhouse. So about £50 of damage only (so far).

40 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

It's debatable whether or not you can see any football from any of the other stands too...

To be brutally frank Phil ..

Considering what Fleetwood have achieved in their recent history in comparison to our efforts i think we'd best sit in the greenhouse with head slightly bowed and shove the box of pebbles back under the growbags...:duntmatter:

• Like 2