Will Chansiri’s penny pinching cost us promotion ?

Just now, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Not standing up for the chairman but has anyone been made unemployed since we got relegated? If it's a case of not replacing some light bulbs for a while and not putting the grow lamps on as often to help someone keep their job, then I don't mind. But I don't know if that  is the situation.

Putting the grow lamps on to help someone keep their job??

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

With the million pound pitch being in such a sorry state due to lack of investment. 

floodlight bulbs being removed so we just scrape through the correct level of luminousness (is that a word). 

im sure there are other examples of frugality that affect the day to day running of the club 

will it cost us promotion 

discuss 

How do you know those problems are because of penny pinching ?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s no longer possible to have any honest discussion about our club without the usual ‘agenda’ spouting nobbers or the ‘nothing happening here it’s just looking for another way to bash the club’ cretins who LOVE LOVE LOVE to seek out a way to accuse others of being overly negative 

Anyone who knows Andy knows he goes home and away and is one of the most positive people you could ever meet 

Maybe either engage with the actual debate and put across another point of view like an intelligent grown adult or just FOOOK OFF if you’ve just popped in to post about agendas or moaning you teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedious twwwwatttsss

I just re read the whole thread looking for the type of tedious stuff your raging about. In fact the whole thread looks like a discussion. Which was what Andy specifically asked for in the OP. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s no longer possible to have any honest discussion about our club without the usual ‘agenda’ spouting nobbers or the ‘nothing happening here it’s just looking for another way to bash the club’ cretins who LOVE LOVE LOVE to seek out a way to accuse others of being overly negative 

Anyone who knows Andy knows he goes home and away and is one of the most positive people you could ever meet 

Maybe either engage with the actual debate and put across another point of view or just FOOOK OFF if you’ve just popped in to post about agendas or moaning you tedious twwwwatttsss

You're right lets debate facts 

I'm a season ticket holder, I go home and away, I know there is more than 2 staff looking after the pitches at Hillsborough and Middlewood, (i know a few members of staff down there) I also know the lamps have been on all through winter ( i can see the orange glow from our windows up the hill) , I know the boiler and undersoil heating have been repaired (as stated by the club and press last year )

you cant call people out on here for miss information with out the usual posters coming to their defence, I didnt know that going home and away and being a mate entitled you to say what you want  

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I just re read the whole thread looking for the type of tedious stuff your raging about. In fact the whole thread looks like a discussion. Which was what Andy specifically asked for in the OP. 

I’ve deleted their tedious self indulgent egotistical shitttttttt mate 

had enough of people just coming on to post about agendas or moaning when it’s simply a discussion

You also never most of see these people in any positive threads or starting any positive threads of their own 

it’s tedious and they can do one 

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

You're right lets debate facts 

I'm a season ticket holder, I go home and away, I know there is more than 2 staff looking after the pitches at Hillsborough and Middlewood, (i know a few members of staff down there) I also know the lamps have been on all through winter ( i can see the orange glow from our windows up the hill) , I know the boiler and undersoil heating have been repaired (as stated by the club and press last year )

you cant call people out on here for miss information with out the usual posters coming to their defence, I didnt know that going home and away and being a mate entitled you to say what you want  

Just post your side, your opinions and your thoughts on the subject - that’s fine

anytning else is tedious as fookery to read about mates or being entitled - that needs to go in the bin 

Debate the subject and everything is cool ❤️

To everyone reading this thread

Ps since the dawn of time we have had people calling out ‘misinformation’ on here like they’re doing a great public service only for it to then transpire it was true all along (especially under this chairman)

prime example being the undersoil heating boiler issues recently where we had so many people calling out the ‘misinformation’ and it turns out to be 100% accurate 

the people posting the truth about the boiler were ripped to absolute shreds by people ‘calling out misinformation’ and absolutely ridiculed - turned out they were 100% in the know and posted pure facts that came out a few weeks later 

the ONLY way you can call out misinformation is if you 100% totally completely know the facts on it 

if you don’t then YOU can equally be called out for spreading misinformation too as much as the other person 👍

Anyone who KNEW it was misinformation because they knew the facts would simply post the facts and not have to tug themselves off shouting about agendas instead etc 

let’s just debate and discuss the subject without anyone having to discuss people or posters 

Post not poster is such a simple concept 

And it works perfectly if implemented ❤️❤️

Finally there are sixty million positive threads on this site - and there’s a select few of you who seek out ONLY the critical ones and try to put that as representative of the site or the Poster - well you’re WRONG 

Go and seek out your grief elsewhere if that’s all you wanna do 

ta x

rant OVER 👍❤️

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

With the million pound pitch being in such a sorry state due to lack of investment. 

floodlight bulbs being removed so we just scrape through the correct level of luminousness (is that a word). 

im sure there are other examples of frugality that affect the day to day running of the club 

will it cost us promotion 

discuss 

I don't know the club's current finances well enough, or how precarious our position is relating to FFP/P&S but DC has always tended to spend on the team rather than the ground and other infrastructure.

It's a shame as the old lady looks on her last legs. 

Having said that, we historically were a club criticised for spending on the ground rather than the playing side (60s/70s/80s) and we haven't had long term sustainable success or good management that has enabled both to be adequately supported.

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

I don't know the club's current finances well enough, or how precarious our position is relating to FFP/P&S but DC has always tended to spend on the team rather than the ground and other infrastructure.

It's a shame as the old lady looks on her last legs. 

Having said that, we historically were a club criticised for spending on the ground rather than the playing side (60s/70s/80s) and we haven't had long term sustainable success or good management that has enabled both to be adequately supported.

Needs a balance for sure

It can be argued both ways 

Stadium and pitch improvements bring increased success 

As do new players 

In both cases it’s if it’s done correctly obvs 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I’ve deleted their tedious self indulgent egotistical shitttttttt mate 

had enough of people just coming on to post about agendas or moaning when it’s simply a discussion

You also never most of see these people in any positive threads or starting any positive threads of their own 

it’s tedious and they can do one 

Fair enough. For the me the main thing I took from the thread was Lux is the correct name for measurements of light over a specific area. Every day‘s a school day….

https://www.waveformlighting.com/home-residential/what-is-the-difference-between-lux-and-lumens

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Fair enough. For the me the main thing I took from the thread was Lux is the correct name for measurements of light over a specific area. Every day‘s a school day….

https://www.waveformlighting.com/home-residential/what-is-the-difference-between-lux-and-lumens

Me too 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Penny pinching but he’s allowed our manager to have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

That is because we have one of the biggest incomes in the league, and of course we cannot spend any money at all on transfer fees unlike other teams.  It isn't really' allowing' anything - it is just a reflection of the high revenue we have compared to the rest of the league.

• Haha 1

Absolutely no admirer of DC 

but as stupid as it was for a foreign guy, totally inexperienced football wise and probably basic business wise to buy a football club in the first place. a hell of a lot of money has been thrown at swfc. Whether he was bent over and lots of it ended up in other's pockets I couldn't comment 

I understand it's costing millions a year just to slide backwards, given he also had to support during covid layoff too

I think he should be cut a bit of slack 

How we got here is now history we can't change it and until he sells we survive because he keeps paying - he has to to protect his investment but I don't envy the bills he has every month 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info re the growing lights. Not living close to the ground I can take your word for it 100%

regarding the under soil heating I have no idea if it’s been switched on. Hence why I put it as a question. 

supporting the club without supporting Chansiri is not a crime nor a harbinger of doom. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Needs a balance for sure

It can be argued both ways 

Stadium and pitch improvements bring increased success 

As do new players 

In both cases it’s if it’s done correctly obvs 

With regards to the pitch improvements - The link I posted to the upkeep had a key point in it - there are a few products that are required to enable the pitch to be at its best, but they cost a fortune (implied). What is clear despite the significant outlay we haven't been able to maintain the upkeep of the pitch as others have done with the same surface. The take away from this is that the money is not available to do so

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Absolutely no admirer of DC 

but as stupid as it was for a foreign guy, totally inexperienced football wise and probably basic business wise to buy a football club in the first place. a hell of a lot of money has been thrown at swfc. Whether he was bent over and lots of it ended up in other's pockets I couldn't comment 

I understand it's costing millions a year just to slide backwards, given he also had to support during covid layoff too

I think he should be cut a bit of slack 

How we got here is now history we can't change it and until he sells we survive because he keeps paying - he has to to protect his investment but I don't envy the bills he has every month 

True

All part of buying and owning a business tho

Hopefully he can get it right - at which point he can sell and make zillions of pounds on the deal 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

With regards to the pitch improvements - The link I posted to the upkeep had a key point in it - there are a few products that are required to enable the pitch to be at its best, but they cost a fortune (implied). What is clear despite the significant outlay we haven't been able to maintain the upkeep of the pitch as others have done with the same surface. The take away from this is that the money is not available to do so

Agreed mate 

Owlstalk Shop