Will Chansiri’s penny pinching cost us promotion ?

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

No,

The club have stated why the pitch is a poor state. The lamps are on everyday that the weather permits so there has been investment on expensive equipment.

No,

Why use a 100 bulbs when 50 will do?  This is not penny pinching just common sense and saves money.

The manager, players will be the ones that get us promoted or not. The chairman hasn’t penny pinched by allowing Moore to assemble the best squad in the league.

Never the less we are in this situation because of the chairman’s previous mistakes.  

So you’re saying the pitch has had sufficient investment and is in the state it’s in because of the weather. Would this be the same weather experienced at bramall lane. Rotherham. Barnsley. Doncaster. Chesterfield. All of which have pitches that look 100 times better than ours ?

why did we use 100 bulbs before if only 50 were needed. Why has it took the whole of Chansiri’s tenure to realise this ? 

still no one has answered my point about the TWO outstanding charges lodged at companies house. People said (last October) that it was because CH are slow to update their site.   Slow !!! I’ve seen continental drift move quicker. How come other football clubs have had charges settled in the intervening time these two outstanding ones are still there?

Edited by ANDY
  • Love 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, ANDY said:

So you’re saying the pitch has had sufficient investment and is in the state it’s in because of the weather. Would this be the same weather experienced at bramall lane. Rotherham. Barnsley. Doncaster. Chesterfield. All of which have pitches that look 100 times better than ours ?

why did we use 100 bulbs before if only 50 were needed. Why has it took the whole of Chansiri’s tenure to realise this ? 

still no one has answered my point about the TWO outstanding charges lodged at companies house. People said (last October) that it was because CH are slow to update their site.   Slow !!! I’ve seen continental drift move quicker. How come other football clubs have had charges settled in the intervening time these two outstanding ones are still there?

1- The club have issued a statement regarding the pitch. If you choose not to believe it then fine. 
2- Seriously, Does it really matter how many bulbs are used, 100, 50, 25, as long as it’s light enough to play. 

3- in my opinion he hasn’t penny pinched this season and it won’t cost us promotion results will.

4- The outstanding charges weren’t part of you’re original post and to be honest until it becomes fact there isn’t an issue. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

and is in the state it’s in because of the weather. Would this be the same weather experienced at bramall lane. Rotherham. Barnsley. Doncaster. Chesterfield. All of which have pitches that look 100 times better than ours ?

Why does hillsborough flood and the others don't...only one person can answer that.

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Swapped to LED's...it's the future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

4- The outstanding charges weren’t part of you’re original post and to be honest until it becomes fact there isn’t an issue.

I’ve pointed out the facts. They’re on companies house website. Just search Sheffield 3. 

If the extent of the penny pinching is not having the odd lightbulb then Im not sure it can really be blamed. Those lightbulb savings have seemingly allowed us to assemble a squad more than capable of winning the league. Injuries have done for us. 

• Like 5

On 21/02/2022 at 08:27, ANDY said:

With the million pound pitch being in such a sorry state due to lack of investment. 

floodlight bulbs being removed so we just scrape through the correct level of luminousness (is that a word). 

im sure there are other examples of frugality that affect the day to day running of the club 

will it cost us promotion 

discuss 

I thought he was criticised for spending too much?! 

• Like 2

On 21/02/2022 at 11:15, Lord Snooty said:

An odd one with the 'Pitch lamps'.

I read a lively debate about their use on twitter the other evening. 

Couple of chaps saying they had been under covers in the carpark for 6 months unused. No point having them. Etc etc.

That from their house they could see they were never on. They walked past every day, never on.

Then others saying they also lived near by and could them glowing on an almost daily basis.

Two more reputable poster on here saying the same today.

And there's the rub. Eye witness accounts are so variable. So who is right, and who is, ahem, 'mistaken'? 

Who knows unless we see it with out own eyes.

564442755_Hillsborough12_01_2022.jpg.e2d569a54c0d39fca52fff061efc83f6.jpg

Oh

Is that photo taken from the penthouse suite at Hargreaves towers Mi'lord.?