Bielsa set to walk

ANDY

10 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Seems a harsh one to me. One bad season in 4 after pulling off a miracle getting them up and then first sign of real trouble they sack him. Reminiscent of the Wilder situation at the lane. 

It's not though really.

Wilder was desperate to be sacked and get a massive payout.

It seems like Biesla was planning on leaving in the summer when his deal expired. Given that, plus their freefall, I can understand why they've made the decision.

• Like 1

Bielsa did well getting them up.

They had a great first season in the prem playing attractive football.

They’ve spent a fortune and, now seem to be going quickly down hill. The small squad he chooses to operate with has killed him.

Key personnel missing all season, is that down to the intensity of his training sessions? 

Bielsa was taking them down and sacking him was the right call. Don’t understand this appointment though. They needed someone who knows the league. And I can never take any American serous when they talk about football. They just don’t sound right. It’s like fat lads over here that prattle on about American Football. Or pretend to follow Baseball. It’s just a bit odd. 

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, vulva said:

Bielsa was taking them down and sacking him was the right call. Don’t understand this appointment though. They needed someone who knows the league. And I can never take any American serous when they talk about football. They just don’t sound right. It’s like fat lads over here that prattle on about American Football. Or pretend to follow Baseball. It’s just a bit odd. 

Should have gone for Benitez.

Everton was just a really bad fit for him but, imo, is still a very capable manager.

On 06/03/2022 at 06:02, vulva said:

It’s like fat lads over here that prattle on about American Football. Or pretend to follow Baseball. It’s just a bit odd. 

We have one of these guys at work. Drinks his tea from a massive mug in the shape / colours of the team helmet and his desk is covered in pennants for his team. If you are unlucky enough to be talked at by him he will tell you how its a "proper mans game!". Each to there own I suppose but it is painful to listen to. To be fair I used to watch a lot of Ice Hockey back in the day and was talking to someone about it, was like an out of body experience I could hear the words leaving my mouth and even I thought I sounded a b***end! 

• Haha 2