If we'd of had Adam Reach... We would be top 2

On 20/02/2022 at 21:07, sexpistol said:

Reach would have probably scored a few goals. A few on here like to slag him yet he still got 6 goals last season. The guy was played in different positions and I don’t recall him kicking off about it. I believe he has played in a back 3 for WBA. Play him in his correct position and he has proved to be an excellent championship player.

What's his correct position?

Unfortunately for Reach he goes down in Wednesday history as part of the group of players we wasted money on that could have returned us to the top division.  
We spent £20m+ on Reach, Rhodes, Abdi, Winnall, Van Aken, Jones etc. all of which contributed very little and didn’t improve our first team.  
Meanwhile our promotion rivals Brighton did get promoted after they spent only £10m to sign Knockaert, Duffy, Kayal and Murray. 
Carlos says the club didn’t sign the players he wanted, it would be interesting to learn which players those were. But it’s done now,  we desperately need to get promoted this season for several reasons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He's getting some right hammer from the WBA fans.

Just seen an article shared on Facebook. Comments are full of why Reach was a free signing, their form has dipped since he was in the starting line up etc etc.

Was a good player for a short stint with us, the rest of the time he might as well have not even played. Scored some crackers though. 

16 hours ago, Skyline said:

He's getting some right hammer from the WBA fans.

Just seen an article shared on Facebook. Comments are full of why Reach was a free signing, their form has dipped since he was in the starting line up etc etc.

Was a good player for a short stint with us, the rest of the time he might as well have not even played. Scored some crackers though. 

i was shocked when I heard he’d signed for WBA.  Fair enough it may have been a free punt signing by them, but nothing I’ve seen of Reach over the past 4 seasons suggested he was good enough for a championship promotion team, he wasn’t good enough for a relegation team.  Apart from his 1 wonder goal every 15 games of course.  

• Like 2