Throwing flares, pack it in

9 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Ive just seen the goal again and it looks like the flare was thrown straight at Pato and Bannan. It may sound over the top but ‘IF’ it had hit one our players or anyone for that matter. The person responsible would possibly be doing time. Remember what happened a few years ago at the lane?

The one at the Lane was an actual flare gun from what I remember not a smoke bomb in effect. It contained phosphorous which is something that burns in oxygen 

Stupid, spineless, entitled, millennial arseholes.

Great away day to them is wearing their aquascutem scarf that mummy and daddy bought for Christmas, singing some garbage about the IRA.

Getting an acca on and constantly looking at their phone.

ripping down some panelling at an away ground.

lots of aggressive pointing.
Banging on the roof of the train and intimidating none  football attending public.

and last but not least...throwing a flare.

Why don’t you fight anymore you complete losers...

• Like 1

To the clowns who call sensible fans ‘grumpy old men’. I’m in my 60’s which means that in the 70’s and 80’s I witnessed serious football hooligan activity at football grounds, the likes of which would scare some of the current yoof to death. 

I never threw anything then as doing so was moronic then and still is now. The idiots doing it now are going to find that a clamp down is coming, so enjoy it while you can. Morons. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

To the clowns who call sensible fans ‘grumpy old men’. I’m in my 60’s which means that in the 70’s and 80’s I witnessed serious football hooligan activity at football grounds, the likes of which would scare some of the current yoof to death. 

I never threw anything then as doing so was moronic then and still is now. The idiots doing it now are going to find that a clamp down is coming, so enjoy it while you can. Morons. 

If you wer in your 30s it wudnt bother you..fact

Just now, Devonstrix said:

aint that the truth 

30 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

A woman was taken to hospital after being knocked over by by one of the fans on the pitch jumping back over the hoardings to get back into the stand. Another woman was hit by a bloke in the stand, according to a thread on another Wednesday forum. Not good at all. 

WTF: a what????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Yes. Let's ban our most loyal fans. 

Fact is our away following is a diverse group. Are there young lads, behaving like dickheads? Yes. 

Was I like that 20 years ago? Probably. 

There's still loads of people that go and enjoy the game. Loads of people stood near me today in their 60s, poss 70s. 

Can't we just enjoy an away game without trying to homogenise it into some bland, corporate style experience. 

The guy complaining about his kid being scared on radio sheff earlier sums it up for me. Parental responsibility. If his 9 year old doesn't like rowdy crowds, don't take them to an away football match. 

Wait.... To be a #TrueFan (TM) you have to throw stuff on the pitch.

Got it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They also might give very generously to charity, so it all becomes very complex.  You like to booze on trains many find that antisocial and even intimidating.

All about perspective.

top trolling

9/10

40 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Stupid, spineless, entitled, millennial arseholes.

Great away day to them is wearing their aquascutem scarf that mummy and daddy bought for Christmas, singing some garbage about the IRA.

Getting an acca on and constantly looking at their phone.

ripping down some panelling at an away ground.

lots of aggressive pointing.
Banging on the roof of the train and intimidating none  football attending public.

and last but not least...throwing a flare.

Why don’t you fight anymore you complete losers...

Millennials are pushing 40 now mate lol 

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They also might give very generously to charity, so it all becomes very complex.  You like to booze on trains many find that antisocial and even intimidating.

All about perspective.

yeah

me having a tin or two en route to an away game is far worse than some coke head throwing a pyrotechnic on the pitch. 

get a grip ffs

Smoke bombs are different to flares which do way more damage as has been pointed out before (that poor girl at the lane).

I'd reallly nothing at all got thrown, but I'd prefer smoke bombs to bottles, coins etc. Smoke bombs are generally lobbed in the direction pf the pitch behind the goal, which isn't the case with other stuff.
But it's all shits & giggles until one goes astray & someone turns round at the wrong second & gets it in the face.

Saw the toliet roll as well which TBH had me scratching my head trying to remember the last time I saw one. The real bellenders were the middle aged pitch invaders - just embarrasing.
And there was one lad who ran on the pitch then jumped back in the stand pursued by a couple of rather chunky stewards - all it needed was the Yakety-Sax tune from Benny Hill.

I can understand it if/when we get to playoffs & beyond, but it's every bloody week at the moment.

DONR01.jpg