Throwing flares, pack it in

8 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Ive just seen the goal again and it looks like the flare was thrown straight at Pato and Bannan. It may sound over the top but ‘IF’ it had hit one our players or anyone for that matter. The person responsible would possibly be doing time. Remember what happened a few years ago at the lane?

That was flare that was intentionally thrown in the stand to cause damage. 

these are smoke grenades that wouldn’t cause damage or burn you. Two totally different things. 

8 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

And a man was killed at Wales National Statdium a few years ago after being hit in the chest by a marine flare launched from the opposite stand. Last year a 7-year-old was hit in the face by a flare chucked by a Hull fan into some Barnsley fans just a couple of months ago. There have been other incidents with fans throwing flares at English matches including Telford and Bolton since then.

Deaths and serious injury caused by flares are more common in some other major leagues.

These things burn at up to 1600C which will easily melt skin and bone.

Whilst the missile thrown today looked more like a smoke bomb and not a flare, it's just stupid chucking things like this around and it is inevitable that, again, someone else will be seriously hurt or even killed by one of these items.

Please resist the temptation to start lobbing these things about.

They don’t they aren’t flares. They are smoke grenades totally different wouldn’t burn you unless you were sat on it for a good while. 

These are nothing like flares. 

Just now, The coach said:

Flares deffo add to the occasion if you ask me..i dont know why some people go to away games..they seem to want every awy game to be like borin quiat home games🙄

Nobody is saying that. It’s one thing to light one and hold it ( not for me though) but why launch it on the pitch?

some completely pathetic comments that actually betray their intellect 

weren't a flare it were a smoke bomb, etc. russia more important what?? I'll discuss russia on a political forum ffs 

prob a generation thing but I've seen how this could pan out.

over the last month or so, pitch invasions, things being thrown at linesmen attacks on players , smoke bombs/ flares are increasing weekly

what happened last time was wholesale fan v fan violence, pitch confrontations and eventually fences  we all know what happened then 

AS ridiculous as it is I could sort of look the other way as a one off if we won the championship, a cup or won a european cup tie but doncaster ??  

are we rotherham ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

some completely pathetic comments that actually betray their intellect 

weren't a flare it were a smoke bomb, etc. russia more important what?? I'll discuss russia on a political forum ffs 

prob a generation thing but I've seen how this could pan out.

over the last month or so, pitch invasions, things being thrown at linesmen attacks on players , smoke bombs/ flares are increasing weekly

what happened last time was wholesale fan v fan violence, pitch confrontations and eventually fences  we all know what happened then 

AS ridiculous as it is I could sort of look the other way as a one off if we won the championship, a cup or won a european cup tie but doncaster ??  

are we rotherham ?

Whats so bad about winnin at Crewe Doncaster etc..??

6 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Have your flare. Set it off and deal with it, get props from your pals, make it safe. It's all good. 

Don't throw the f00ker while it's still burning onto the pitch or anywhere else, risking injury to others and giving up your personal responsibility for setting off said flare in the first place. 

That makes you a total d1ck4ead who needs a good slap. 

I'm with this, was they flares or the harmless smoke bombs?

4 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

A woman was taken to hospital after being knocked over by by one of the fans on the pitch jumping back over the hoardings to get back into the stand. Another woman was hit by a bloke in the stand, according to a thread on another Wednesday forum. Not good at all. 

hope they are  ok, but that's ok the kids are just 'avin fun 🤨