Rival watch - OMDT

Big week.. need to beat Rotherham, Accrington and Doncaster. Hope Wigan drop points either vs Crewe or away at Rotherham. 

If they lose the latter then we could be one point behind by next weekend but them with 3 games in hand.

Not overly fussed about what the other teams are doing as we’re now basically level with them all so as long as we take care of our own results we will finish in the play offs minimum.

Wigan’s results is the first other team I’m looking out for now as we really should be looking at automatic promotion this season. We’ve come up short overall if we don’t.

Not kept an eye on scores today, had a lazy day watching Reacher on amazon, well worth a watch. Anyway, I digress. 

Not a bad set of results at all and that table looks healthy. If we can win tomorrow it'll look even better. I'm brutally aware that we never win the games where a win would really propel us up the table, seen us stack it so many times, but we're all dreaming now aren't we? 

If we beat Rotherham tomorrow we could probably do with them either going on a catastrophic losing run that would allow teams to catch em, or the exact opposite, a winning run. This would suck points out of the rest of the league. When a team runs away with it the teams below are usually closely bunched I reckon. Obviously I'd prefer the losing run but I'd happily go up together with them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good days work looking at those results! All the other teams have to play each other more often than us too! 

Not that the players should need any extra motivation tomorrow but I’m sure they’ll be happy with todays results and will know a win puts us right in there! 
Come on Wednesday! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash said:

Good days work looking at those results! All the other teams have to play each other more often than us too! 

Not that the players should need any extra motivation tomorrow but I’m sure they’ll be happy with todays results and will know a win puts us right in there! 
Come on Wednesday! 

Tomorrow is a free hit for us in a way, lose and yes automatics are put but that's slim anyway, but regardless of result still in good shape for top 6 with Accrington home and Donny away to follow

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Would be nice to win today to see us sat back in the playoffs and WITH a game in hand on others.  feels like we’ve not been there since the start of the season really.

so we all know what will happen next 

We never seem to capitalise on stuff like this. The 'free hits' that would make life a bit easier. That's not the Wednesday way is it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Given the way yesterday’s Results went, Today’s loss hasn’t been too bad. Get 6 points in the next 6/7 days and everything will still look pretty rosy. Though Accrington and Doncaster are potential banana skins given where there are in L1

Win on Wednesday and we'll be 5th maybe even 4th (we're due a big win) and the fixtures going forward are all winnable. Disappointing we didn't win today but we're still in a much better position than we were a couple of weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Win on Wednesday and we'll be 5th maybe even 4th (we're due a big win) and the fixtures going forward are all winnable. Disappointing we didn't win today but we're still in a much better position than we were a couple of weeks ago. 

Other than MK Dons, is there any other Top 6/8 sides we’ve still to play in the remaining fixtures ?