Wednesday should do this...

18 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Having thought about it there would be uproar if it happened. This 'her game too' thing seems like a nonsense, its always the hardcore feminist types that are pushing it and your average football fan doesn't 

Have a guess who the Wednesday 'representative' is 🙃

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Just saying

Wednesday used to have the biggest number of female season ticket holders in the country

Letting Women go in free would impact hard on the clubs revenue at a time when we aren't exactly rolling in it

I'm all for letting kids in free, say up to the age of 11, and then reduced prices until they are 18

Kids are the future of the club

That’s basically the best idea. Letting kids in free would be an investment in the future of the club. Could have a membership scheme, say a fiver to cover costs and then all 11 and unders free (max 3 per adult), then heavily reduced prices for 12-18 year olds. That way they will get to 18 and be in the habit of going and want to go. Obviously if the stadium was full then might have to reconsider letting in so many for free but we don’t have to worry about that now.

As you say, women for free means we lose revenue on the ones who already go because they want to. I’m not convinced the ones who don’t go now would then go because it’s free.

Reality is there are more blokes who like football and sports than there are women so you’re never going to get equal numbers. My missus would rather go shopping if I go to the match and I think that’s true of a lot of couples. I know it sounds a bit 1950s but think it’s still true today.

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Have a guess who the Wednesday 'representative' is 🙃

I think I know who you mean. Saw a really annoying girl on Twitter who was a Wednesday fan on about it 

26 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I think I know who you mean. Saw a really annoying girl on Twitter who was a Wednesday fan on about it 

I don't mind her, and I've never met her so i can't comment really ib her personally.

But there are thousands more female Wednesday fans who never get a look in and I think it is time others get air time for once.

4 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

That’s basically the best idea. Letting kids in free would be an investment in the future of the club. Could have a membership scheme, say a fiver to cover costs and then all 11 and unders free (max 3 per adult), then heavily reduced prices for 12-18 year olds. That way they will get to 18 and be in the habit of going and want to go. Obviously if the stadium was full then might have to reconsider letting in so many for free but we don’t have to worry about that now.

As you say, women for free means we lose revenue on the ones who already go because they want to. I’m not convinced the ones who don’t go now would then go because it’s free.

Reality is there are more blokes who like football and sports than there are women so you’re never going to get equal numbers. My missus would rather go shopping if I go to the match and I think that’s true of a lot of couples. I know it sounds a bit 1950s but think it’s still true today.

Rovers would have some good attendances now if that actually worked

I’m sorry but why should a working woman with kids have priority over a working man with kids? Why the difference?

It’s a personal choice to attend .

im sick of the pc brigade looking at every chance, football is a fans game, gender is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1