Wednesday should do this...

40 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

How about this solution: 

a paying male (or non-binary or whatever) may bring a girl/women for free (as a valentine offer)?

Surely gay men will then take hissy fits?!

These days, even when you make well-meaning gestures there will be some group taking offence!

• Like 3

I can see their heart is in the right place but seems odd to me.  Why let women get in for free and men have to pay?  In my office there's more women than men working and earning money.  So they get to watch football for free and i have to pay. 

I could understand if women on maternity leave get in free.   And i applaud any club allowing children under 16 to get in free.  But allowing over 18's of any sex to get in free when they have jobs, seems weird to me.  There's lots of men put off by going to football too, maybe free tickets would entice them to watch football

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How do we know till we try?

I don’t want people to get free tickets for something I have to pay for, furthermore other clubs have had free ticket schemes and they don’t benefit the club. Extra costs incurred for the club such as policing but no financial gain. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don’t want people to get free tickets for something I have to pay for, furthermore other clubs have had free ticket schemes and they don’t benefit the club. Extra costs incurred for the club such as policing but no financial gain. 

Good grief Rimmer you really are smeghead.  Bugger off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i can picture it now, in a bar after the game talking to a woman.  "What did you do today then?"  "i went to the football, for free!, how about you?" "i went to the same game but had to pay £25".  "Unlucky, now get the drinks in that's a good boy".   

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well stop taking rubbish women who want to go pay for their tickets just like men do. 
Sick of this virtue signalling white knighting rubbish.

You are correct, but more probably needs to be done to widen the support base and make it more accessible for women/families/kids or people from non traditional backgrounds to go.

I don’t like the idea though of giving one group something for free when another is paying through the nose for it. That doesn’t seem fair at all.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

You are correct, but more probably needs to be done to widen the support base and make it more accessible for women/families/kids or people from non traditional backgrounds to go.

I don’t like the idea though of giving one group something for free when another is paying through the nose for it. That doesn’t seem fair at all.

Nah I’d ban kids, they do my head in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would hopefully attract a few more fans and demonstrate that women can be fans just much as males.

WAWAW

stupid idea. What they should be doing is making football more affordable for all, not just trying to score the moral high ground