Adam Reach - Do you miss him?

Its mad how much his last season with us really tarnished the fans views of his overall time with us. I wont ever forgive him for how he played that last season, as there were others not getting paid and leaving the club who all still tried up till the very end.

Hoever, i also wont let one season mask the truth, that in the seasons before, Reach was almost always fit, full of running, could defo cross and pass and had a cannon of a left foot at times.

Defo a nesher in a takle, but also nowhere near as bad as peoples memories are making out. Just my opinion though, each to their own. 

Edited by OwlinOldham

Overall no. And we don't appear to be missing him.

Agreed that he couldn't tackle his way out of a wet paper bag, but that was never his strength in the first place.
He was quite clearly trying not to get injured towards the end of last season, not giving it 100% & it was time to for him to move on.

I'll balance that out by saying he scored a few worldies, got shoved wide right, wide left, full back, wing back etc & never complained about it.
And during that time when Jos came in & was confronted with an entire team + subs bench out injured, it was only Reach (& Dave) that were consistently avaialble.

On 11/02/2022 at 22:47, Pete Zarhutt said:

I'll balance that out by saying he scored a few worldies, got shoved wide right, wide left, full back, wing back etc & never complained about it.
And during that time when Jos came in & was confronted with an entire team + subs bench out injured, it was only Reach (& Dave) that were consistently avaialble.

How do you know that he didnt complain about it? Are you his agent? Do you have a camera in the manager's office or changing room?

But lets be honest here, he was lucky to just have a shirt, any shirt, with the embassing performances he was putting in.

If he was good enough, he would have nailed down his own position. But he wasnt, so he didnt.

SWFC are well rid of Adam Reach, and I hope we never ever sign a player of his ilk ever again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it telling that Derby ******** up their finances by their board, and in their time of desperation the whole club pulls together especially the players , threadbare , and they fight for their lives. (Yes I know they lost today but…)

Yet at Wednesday , during COVID with no income coming in Reach and a few others basically worked to rule and stopped trying.

Unforgivable.

So that’s a no from me.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Why put yourself out for a company that doesn't pay you on time?

Only a mug would do that.

Maybe for the fans still turning out in their thousands? Club gave him a long contract when he came,and he was one of the few offered another,so he has enjoyed good job security and top level Championship wages from S6....

His money was always nailed on,guaranteed by the PFA come what may....late wages to what a Millionairre? in the middle of a pandemic?...

People on min wage were only getting 80% if furloughed

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Stan Dupowls said:

I find it telling that Derby ******** up their finances by their board, and in their time of desperation the whole club pulls together especially the players , threadbare , and they fight for their lives. (Yes I know they lost today but…)

Yet at Wednesday , during COVID with no income coming in Reach and a few others basically worked to rule and stopped trying.

Unforgivable.

So that’s a no from me.

This 100%...dont know myself how he gets a game,was unimpressive from the sounds of it when WBROM played the Blades...

• Like 1