Adam Reach - Do you miss him?

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good player for us and good value for money - especially when compared to some of the other players signed at the time.

Never injured, rarely played in every position, scored some really memorable goals. 

Wasn't he £5 million? Yeah he was always fit but I don't think he ever justified that fee to be honest. The fact he walked away for nothing at still a decent age again shows how badly this club has been run.

You could say being played in different positions didn't help him, but if he'd been consistently good in any of those positions he wouldn't have been moved so much. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Adam reach played 209 games for us at an average of 42 games a season so nearly ever present, his goals and assist to game ratio is 1 goal or assist every 3 1/2 games.

As a side point Barry Bannan goals/ assists to game ratio is 4.4.

Yes he wasn't great in a tackle but he was there to score and create goals.

in his time at the club we wasted money on Hooper, Rhodes, Abdi, Jones, Emanuelson, Winnall, Buckley, Mcmanaman, Boyd, JVA, Butterfield, Onamah, Lazaar, Aarons, Odabajo, Bates, DaCruz, Wickham, Dunkley, Brown, Marriott, Kachunga, Flint

But the one you didn't rate has a better goal/ assist to game average than our current captain and best player.

Reach played 230 games in all competitions, made 41 assists and scored 24 goals, so a goal every 9.58 games and assist every 5.6 games which should be most likely be far better when you consider all the tackles he missed or neshed and the stray passes that lead to goals in our end!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Reach played 230 games in all competitions, made 41 assists and scored 24 goals, so a goal every 9.58 games and assist every 5.6 games which should be most likely be far better when you consider all the tackles he missed or neshed and the stray passes that lead to goals in our end!

oops gave him some assists from Boro in there so its 34 assists which is one every 6.74 games

Don't think he was done any favours in having his position consistently changed his first couple of years. 

I think the only positions he didnt play for us were GK, RB and CB. Incredible.

Never nailed down a role for us, whether thats down to the manager or him, or a mixture of the 2. 

All in all, a shame how it turned out and it didn't justify the money spent. 

• Like 1

Good championship footballer. 

It's a pity mentally he was like a crystal glass. 

Not strong enough. 

Not aggressive enough and if the slightest thing whent wrong his confidence would disappear and he'd go missing for the rest of the game. 

Very similar to joao, when everything's  coming up Rose's looks a cracking player, but the first hint of adversity, becomes anonymous. 

He was a winger, yet I reckon NML has skinned more players in his time here than Reach did. 
Started ok,  but turned out to be a very average to poor player for us. 
Those last 18 months he was awful and it baffled me that he got picked nearly every week. 
He’s one of the few players I hated seeing in a Wednesday shirt, in fact I can’t think  of anyone else!

• Like 2

I don’t miss any player once they leave S6. So no, I don’t miss him but he doesn’t get the respect he deserves. 

There was period when he carried the team, he was rarely injured and didn’t owe us a penny when he left. 

Compare that with some of the wasters our fans are obsessed with sucking off and I find it all quite pathetic.

• Haha 1