Adam Reach - Do you miss him?

It had got to a point with Reach where it was best for both parties to part ways.

His versatility ended up being a bit of a downfall for him in my opinion. If he'd been a bit more selfish maybe he'd have done better.

He was one of our best players from the back end of Carlos' time, through Jos and Bruce. Personally I think he felt he'd get a move (we'd turned down a bit from Wolves the year before from memory) and I'd probably say he did deserve it based on his performances in 17/18 and 18/19.

Right or wrong that kind of thing affects players and he was never really the same. He's one of a few players we could have moved on for decent money but didn't and it bit us on the backside. Shame as I do think if he'd left in 2019 he'd be remembered quite fondly whereas now he's mostly mocked and derided by the fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Adam Reach of the first 3 season an ever present, wonder goals always fit and giving at least 7 out of 10. Yes i miss him.

the Adam Reach that was broken by Gary Monk, playing left wing, right wing, left back, central midfield, up front. No I dont miss him but how much of it was the people managing him oh and the fact he was not getting paid on time or played in the right place.

you only have to look at the difference in Johnson when he is played in the correct position.

Play Reach as a left winger game in game out he was one of our best performers for 3 seasons.

👏👏

5 hours ago, Green Calx said:

Can't stand him.

Made a career from a few worldies. Was massively overrated because of that. Couldn't tackle. Couldn't pass. Couldn't get past a player. Couldn't head a ball. 

That final season he was here was one of the worst performances from a professional footballer I've ever seen. We may as well have given a bathmat his shirt and just left it in the middle of the pitch. 

Thanks for saving me the effort of typing. 

Perfect. 

• Like 2

Just one of the many player investments from that season that was typical of the players we were signing at that time, mediocre over priced overpaid and never fulfilled his exaggerated potential.And typical of our wastefullness under DC he left for free.

Stuck a decent cross in now and again, but had the heart of a mouse, but rarely if ever got injured, which is a rarity in itself with us.

I recall at the time we were looking at a deal for either Reach or Forshaw.

His stats are very ordinary @ WBA just the one assist this season

• Haha 1

Not really. 

I didn't think he was half as bad as some did, but by the end he looked like a bloke going through the motions and then some. 

Perhaps the lack of salary didn't help in that department, but it was hard not be frustrated by his efforts or lack thereof. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

He carried us for 18 months and was a good player, just a bit lightweight. 

He'd have fit perfectly into the current system as a wingback. 

That the sad thing playing the current system he would have had a sack full of goals and assists.

I suspect he will be on the move in the summer and dont be surprised if he end up back at Boro.

• Haha 1

He had me fooled for 18 months.

I used to think loads of energy, covering loads of ground and really versatile which I thought was a bonus. A good player.

He had the really good couple of months under Jos when Bannan was injured and he played in central midfield and scored some worldies.

I then began to realise other than the odd worldies he produced very little. The odd good cross and lots of running but getting no where near the ball.

It dawned on me that the reason he was being moved around was because he couldn't nail a position down. Although he looks like he should be a very good player he achieves very little.

I notice the same thing is happening at WBA can't nail a position.

OK as a utility player to come off the bench, but not as versatile as Paterson for me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Just one of the many player investments from that season that was typical of the players we were signing at that time, mediocre over priced overpaid and never fulfilled his exaggerated potential.And typical of our wastefullness under DC he left for free.

Stuck a decent cross in now and again, but had the heart of a mouse, but rarely if ever got injured, which is a rarity in itself with us.

I recall at the time we were looking at a deal for either Reach or Forshaw.

His stats are very ordinary @ WBA just the one assist this season

Adam reach played 209 games for us at an average of 42 games a season so nearly ever present, his goals and assist to game ratio is 1 goal or assist every 3 1/2 games.

As a side point Barry Bannan goals/ assists to game ratio is 4.4.

Yes he wasn't great in a tackle but he was there to score and create goals.

in his time at the club we wasted money on Hooper, Rhodes, Abdi, Jones, Emanuelson, Winnall, Buckley, Mcmanaman, Boyd, JVA, Butterfield, Onamah, Lazaar, Aarons, Odabajo, Bates, DaCruz, Wickham, Dunkley, Brown, Marriott, Kachunga, Flint

But the one you didn't rate has a better goal/ assist to game average than our current captain and best player.

• Like 1