Honestly! It's a Joke!

15 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I first heard it about about 30 years ago told about Jeff Astle and the goal being score with a flicked header at the far post

Way before my time with this guy. I do know who he is though as I think there were reports suggesting him heading the ball could have contributed to his death. Something like that.

17 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I first heard it about about 30 years ago told about Jeff Astle and the goal being score with a flicked header at the far post

What! Jeff Astle scored the winner against Manchester United in ‘91. News to me.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Way before my time with this guy. I do know who he is though as I think there were reports suggesting him heading the ball could have contributed to his death. Something like that.

Yeah, West Brom hero I think, bit before my time. He used to appear on fantasty football with Baddiel and Skinner and sing songs. Seemed a really good chap

8 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Yeah, West Brom hero I think, bit before my time. He used to appear on fantasty football with Baddiel and Skinner and sing songs. Seemed a really good chap

Yeah that's right. I remember that now. I know Skinner is a big Baggies fan so I guess having him on the show was right up his street.