You ever caught the ball at a match?

In my 45 years on this planet I have been to hundreds of matches at all levels and not once has the ball ever come near me.  I always wanted the ball to come flying towards me and I just calmly head it back onto the pitch, perhaps earning a round of applause from those around me. 

A man can dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nope, and I feel your pain.

52 and never come close.

My dream is to catch it, throw it quickly to Palmer and shout 'Runner!' , he sees what I mean..Windass has made a darting run ..quick throw and he's clean through..bang, goal! 

Players come over to me and celebrate my 'assist'.

Think I saw it happen in a 'Billys Boots' cartoon in 'Tiger'. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Bristol City away 2004

Caught the ball in the away end. Shouted at the lads to get a fourth, throw the ball back to one of our players who gave it to the corner taker

A minute later, Patrick Collins turns the ball home from the corner to make it 4-1

• Like 1

At bramall Lane a few years ago. 

Warming up. Chris Eagles smashes one and its unsurprisingly sails into the away end. Braddaz from on here is going to clock it straight in the face... But cooly sways to the left at the last minute.

Unfortunately the old dear behind us wasn't expecting it and got it square in the mush. 

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2022 at 16:49, flo said:

I haven't but someone on here probably has

I haven't, but the women behind me did......with her face!

Told the story many times......basically Matt Le tossier was not as accurate as he would have us all believe, he tried to hit my mate with the ball who was giving him grief, missed almost got me but definitely got the women behind 😂

Anyhow we won 5-2.....I think

Edited by helmut_rooster
  • Haha 1

I've only had 3 touches of the ball in 41 years.

I remember once being at my son's junior game when the ball came my way, it bounced awkwardly just in front of me but I nonchalantly controlled it, flicked it up and casually lobbed it to the nearest player. That's what I'd like to happen at a Wednesday game, but in reality it'd hit me in the shin, bounce up and break my nose and I collapse in agony whilst 20,000 people go "rrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I've only had 3 touches of the ball in 41 years.

I remember once being at my son's junior game when the ball came my way, it bounced awkwardly just in front of me but I nonchalantly controlled it, flicked it up and casually lobbed it to the nearest player. That's what I'd like to happen at a Wednesday game, but in reality it'd hit me in the shin, bounce up and break my nose and I collapse in agony whilst 20,000 people go "rrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr".

........and then Wednesday would sign you under their "up and comer" plan

Guest Giant Hogweed

A few years ago I went to watch Torquay play at Field Mill with my lad.

Half time was seconds away so I got up to beat the half time queues, Mansfield were taking a free kick which was rifled wide.

I didn't break stride on the steps and power headed the shot back onto the pitch and calmly carried on down the steps towards the concourse to massive applause from the travelling Gulls fans.

Never caught one though🙁