Team v Wigan

This team beat Wigan away early season:-

9A46244F-6D01-4807-AFEB-093171B565CA.thumb.png.b413826d82a92096a3ddbe3b8ad284f1.png

For Tuesday I’d love to think we can simply swap NML to RWB and bring Kamberi alongside Paterson.

However, I think we might see Luongo rested (totally understandably). Which means Paterson in CM?

Its very apparent that we are threadbare in CM now. Hurry back Fiz.

Be interesting to see what he does with Luongo. Is he up to playing three games in a week, and then getting rested for Accrington?

Personally, I'd risk it. This is a run of games where we can really get ourselves into the mix. Pick up 7-9 points from the next three home games, and we'll be in a great position.

My team for Wigan:

Peacock-Farrell

Storey

Hutchinson

Palmer

Hunt

Luongo

Bannan

Byers

Johnson

Sow

Kamberi

I'd probably give NML a rest, given the amount of work he's got through, and the fact Hunt is an equally effective option at RWB, which means NML will be 100% for Rotherham, a game that'll thrive on those bustling, direct runs he possesses. 

Sow's deserves a recall after another decent cameo showing, and Kamberi is a better option than Paterson up top.

• Like 1

Pato has to play. He proper stuck it up em at their place and they didn’t like it. Lang is their best player, on the right wing. Byers has had 2 games in short succession, so:

……………………….BPF

…………Storey…..Hutch…..Palmer

…Hunt……Pato…Luongo…Baz…..Marv

……………….Kambers..Sow

Then rest Luongo and Marv for Rotherham, with Byers and NML replacing them.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Peacock-Farrell

Storey

Hutchinson

Palmer

Mendez

Luongo

Bannan

Byers

Johnson

Sow

Kamberi

Yep this one for me as well. Play strongest team for both as we have ground to make up against strong opposition.

• Like 1

I'd go for a full a strength team against Wigan as we can muster.

This game will send an important message to the teams above. It will either be "watch out were coming" or "don't panic, nothing to worry about from us lads"

I would be tempted to do the resting against Rotherham, on the assumption we can't catch them, and any points we pick up would be a bonus.

Edited by Willie Henderson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

This team beat Wigan away early season:-

9A46244F-6D01-4807-AFEB-093171B565CA.thumb.png.b413826d82a92096a3ddbe3b8ad284f1.png

For Tuesday I’d love to think we can simply swap NML to RWB and bring Kamberi alongside Paterson.

However, I think we might see Luongo rested (totally understandably). Which means Paterson in CM?

Its very apparent that we are threadbare in CM now. Hurry back Fiz.

We need Adeniran back.

id rather play Paterson midfield than Fiz, at least he’ll head and tackle.

Fiz is the new Giles Coke. Pace, power, skill, height, strength and totally useless.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think Luongo will only start one of the next two games. 

If that's the case than let him play against Wigan. After four consecutive wins our players will be on fire to win the 5th game even without him. (I would play him in both games)

• Like 1

Just play Kamberi and Sow up front.

Really missed them as an outlet for the first half hour when we were under pressure and every clearance was coming straight back.

We also had no front line, Bannan was usually the furthest man forward, not to mention we play a lot quicker when they're on.

• Like 1

I know luongo won’t play every game but we surely need him Tuesday . Maybe get 60 mins out of it him ? Or suppose could have him on the bench for the last 30/40 mins . difficult one

id go 

BPF

Hutch

Storey

Palmer

NML

Byers

Luongo

Bannan

Johnson

Sow

Paterson

OR

BPF

Hutch

Storey

Palmer

Hunt

Byers

Bannan

Paterson

Johnson

Kamberi

NML

I just feel hutch is a lot better in the back 3 , Paterson still gives us a bit of fight and battling in there, and can get forward from that 10 role . 

• Like 1

Quite simply it depends on who needs resting. Let’s wait and see. Really wish we had a bottom 3 team on Tuesday before Tinpot on Sunday then we could actually rest a few. Personally think we need our strongest 11 for both and against Accrington, just play whoever is fit enough. PS: not Brown of course!!