The incident with the female referees assistant

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on a second here

Am I missing something?

It's been widely accepted that throwing anything onto the field of play or at officials or players is an absolute no-no as well as a really stupid thing to do

So how come we have people trying to negotiate this by talking about what has been thrown?

Am I missing something?

Nothing I just asked and did it hit her/was it thrown at her?

It's silly like the paper aeroplanes at Wembley but seems a tad extreme to stop the game if that's what it was.

1 minute ago, Waddle93 said:

It's silly like the paper aeroplanes at Wembley but seems a tad extreme to stop the game if that's what it was.

Here's an idea

If you don't want the game stopped don't throw stuff on the pitch or at officials

(not aimed at yourself that mate - just throwing the idea out there)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest 123adam789
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here come the usual deniers with their attempted denial festival 

Usual deniers. Interesting as your mate Ian alluded to that 'us' newbies should be vetted better I assume by you. But suddenly I'm alone if the serial deniers. How's that work. Pull up my previous posts where I actually deny something which is relevant to this or any thread. Uyour struggling arnt you. Mate. 

2 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Usual deniers. Interesting as your mate Ian alluded to that 'us' newbies should be vetted better I assume by you. But suddenly I'm alone if the serial deniers. How's that work. Pull up my previous posts where I actually deny something which is relevant to this or any thread. Uyour struggling arnt you. Mate. 

Hahahahaha

if only you knew 

1 hour ago, 123adam789 said:

Latest trend hey. I remember the days when Gordon Banks was pelted everytime he came to Hillsborough with bananas. Jesus christ how times have changed. He never once complained and neither did anyone else. I think we are governered by the 'do gooders' of this world. What ever happened yesterday bears no comparison to what happened at Rotherham twice a in a couple of weeks but, I bet we are making more of this incident than any of them over theres. The AR would have probably been more likely have been hit with a chip carton along with all the other crap swirling about in that corner.  Wonder what would have happened if a fan was returning the ball and accidentally hit the AR or ref when lobbing it back.. He would have been hung drawn and quartered on here.

Absolutely this 

Why is everyone so precious these days , it's like they are trying to score points by being do gooders , oow look at me everyone, I'm so holier than you , bugger off.

People make mistakes and are immature and in some cases a bit dim but   the events at Rotherham and today at forest far outweigh what went on yesterday at Burton , so let's have some context here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest 123adam789
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's an idea

If you don't want the game stopped don't throw stuff on the pitch or at officials

Does that include returning the ball which as just been lambasted into the stand. Just a question considering the topic of throwing anything onto the field of play. Of course, we walk down 30 flights of steps and politely hand the ball to the nearest official. God forbid we don't want to return to the dark ages and even contemplate lobbing the ball  back in case it struck someone. 

10 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

If nothing got done about it then strong likelihood they would push it further and throw something else which might be bigger/more dangerous.

Reminds me of being at school where the naughty kids sit at the back and chuck stuff towards the front for a laugh. If teacher doesn’t stamp it out then it goes from screwed up paper to a ruler to a chair (sometimes). 

If the official felt distracted by it that’s enough of an issue, if they’re looking over their shoulder to see if they get hit by anything then they could miss an offside 

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on a second here

Am I missing something?

It's been widely accepted that throwing anything onto the field of play or at officials or players is an absolute no-no as well as a really stupid thing to do

So how come we have people trying to negotiate this by talking about what has been thrown?

Am I missing something?

No but your bloody milking this thread 😊

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Does that include returning the ball which as just been lambasted into the stand. Just a question considering the topic of throwing anything onto the field of play. Of course, we walk down 30 flights of steps and politely hand the ball to the nearest official. God forbid we don't want to return to the dark ages and even contemplate lobbing the ball  back in case it struck someone. 

Returning a ball to play is completely different and you know it is, so stop being an arse, and look around and realise we aren't in 1960 anymore - it's 2022 now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

Absolutely this 

Why is everyone so precious these days , it's like they are trying to score points by being do gooders , oow look at me everyone, I'm so holier than you , bugger off.

People make mistakes and are immature and in some cases a bit dim but   the events at Rotherham and today at forest far outweigh what went on yesterday at Burton , so let's have some context here.

They're both part of a growing trend

And the (well know) rules and law are that you don't throw anything at or onto the field of play or run on and smash a player or official

Anything else is just crybaby 'why can't we just launch stuff onto the pitch waaaaahhh wahhhh wahhh' precious crybaby nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The moron at Rotherham yesterday. That was bound to put Pell off and he then missed the penalty. He's been arrested and hopefully he'll spend some time in one of H.M.'s hotels.

What is also embarrassing are the crowd in the background who seem to think it's funny. And the steward who hasn't even noticed.

image.png.aeee58a20d1ff52437d948f09ffdd44c.png

Wouldn’t Accrington have an argument for the game being replayed as it was such a pivotal moment ?.

• Like 2

Guest 123adam789
13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Returning a ball to play is completely different and you know it is, so stop being an arse, and look around and realise we aren't in 1960 anymore - it's 2022 now.

We and I mean the ones who I attract like a magnet in this thread all have own own opinions. Going round in circles spring to mind, so we are not getting very far. I'm sure there's no malice with any thread but to be honest I'm a little pissssed off with the childish comments coming from seasoned campaigners who I use to show a little respect.to. I now see them as something I have trod in whilst walking my dog. So to that end I'll not comment further on this post as its difficult to educate pork. 

1 minute ago, 123adam789 said:

We and I mean the ones who I attract like a magnet in this thread all have own own opinions. Going round in circles spring to mind, so we are not getting very far. I'm sure there's no malice with any thread but to be honest I'm a little pissssed off with the childish comments coming from seasoned campaigners who I use to show a little respect.to. I now see them as something I have trod in whilst walking my dog. So to that end I'll not comment further on this post as its difficult to educate pork. 

Put the bottle away and go to bed would be my advice .

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's an idea

Please don't throw the idea out there.... it might hit someone... please be responsible !

• Haha 2