The incident with the female referees assistant

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The moron at Rotherham yesterday. That was bound to put Pell off and he then missed the penalty. He's been arrested and hopefully he'll spend some time in one of H.M.'s hotels.

What is also embarrassing are the crowd in the background who seem to think it's funny. And the steward who hasn't even noticed.

image.png.aeee58a20d1ff52437d948f09ffdd44c.png

Them jeans though. Did he jump off the wardrobe to get em on?

• Haha 1

Just now, 0wl18 said:

What I don’t get is why when referee’s assistant is Female, it’s ‘The female assistant referee’ but, when the referee’s assistant is Male, it’s just ‘The referee’s assistant’.

That's a sign that there should be more female officials so it's the norm rather than an exception

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

What I don’t get is why when referee’s assistant is Female, it’s ‘The female assistant referee’ but, when the referee’s assistant is Male, it’s just ‘The referee’s assistant’.

Don't get me on that topic  😡💥

For whatever reason the gender seems to be the most important thing in general. I can't order a book without being asked, if I am a male or female. Instead of stopping to categorize people into Male/Female, they just added another category "Other" to it. Although I am clearly female, I generally tick the "other" box as I find this question hilarious. 

To come back to your question. The gender of any official should not be mentioned as it is not relevant!

Gender is relevant on Tinder, but not for referees and not for online-shops!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Don't get me on that topic  😡💥

For whatever reason the gender seems to be the most important thing in general. I can't order a book without being asked, if I am a male or female. Instead of stopping to categorize people into Male/Female, they just added another category "Other" to it. Although I am clearly female, I generally tick the "other" box as I find this question hilarious. 

To come back to your question. The gender of any official should not be mentioned as it is not relevant!

Gender is relevant on Tinder, but not for referees and not for online-shops!

TBF as a part of some face to face auditing i have to do at times i have to ask the question of identity - i refuse to as if they are "other"

22 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The moron at Rotherham yesterday. That was bound to put Pell off and he then missed the penalty. He's been arrested and hopefully he'll spend some time in one of H.M.'s hotels.

What is also embarrassing are the crowd in the background who seem to think it's funny. And the steward who hasn't even noticed.

image.png.aeee58a20d1ff52437d948f09ffdd44c.png

With a bit of luck his employer has seen it and come 9:05 tomorrow he’ll be unemployed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Waddle93 said:

Can't be arsed reading all the thread so 2 questions.

What was thrown at the assistant and did it hit her?

What was sung?

Stood towards opposite end of the terrace so didn't hear or see anything.

Some tinfoil that a baked potatoe had been wrapped in...I kid you not

• Haha 1

Hang on a second here

Am I missing something?

It's been widely accepted that throwing anything onto the field of play or at officials or players is an absolute no-no as well as a really stupid thing to do

So how come we have people trying to negotiate this by talking about what has been thrown?

Am I missing something?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on a second here

Am I missing something?

It's been widely accepted that throwing anything onto the field of play or at officials or players is an absolute no-no as well as a really stupid thing to do

So how come we have people trying to negotiate this by talking about what has been thrown?

Am I missing something?

Probably 

Guest 123adam789
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Was it actually thrown at the line assistant, were they the intended target?  Has that been established?

Valid point. No it hasn't. But the kangaroo court says otherwise.