The incident with the female referees assistant

3 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Latest trend hey. I remember the days when Gordon Banks was pelted everytime he came to Hillsborough with bananas. Jesus christ how times have changed. He never once complained and neither did anyone else. I think we are governered by the 'do gooders' of this world.  

Oh dear.

That's one very embarrassing post

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought we'd cleared this up about ten posts back

Wednesdayite posted it
The replies to it were (predictably) horrific and mysogynistic 
Wednesdayite pulled it

Wednesdayite apologised
They know now that they shouldn't have posted it
They probably won't do it again ever again

Now...

let's move on eh?

Well yeah. 

But none of that discounts my point does it? poo like that doesn't help but least he won't do it again (maybe)

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's just a bit silly tho, and when you have an official fans account posting crap like that, no wonder why someone chucked something at a female assistant. Just plays straight into that culture.

Was it actually thrown at the line assistant, were they the intended target?  Has that been established?

4 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Latest trend hey. I remember the days when Gordon Banks was pelted everytime he came to Hillsborough with bananas. Jesus christ how times have changed. He never once complained and neither did anyone else. I think we are governered by the 'do gooders' of this world. What ever happened yesterday bears no comparison to what happened at Rotherham twice a in a couple of weeks but, I bet we are making more of this incident than any of them over theres. The AR would have probably been more likely have been hit with a chip carton along with all the other crap swirling about in that corner.  Wonder what would have happened if a fan was returning the ball and accidentally hit the AR or ref when lobbing it back.. He would have been hung drawn and quartered on here.

Yeah times have changed. 

Thankfully, we arent stuck in the dark ages anymore.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would you approve of your grandkids been dressed up as Al Jolson and let them watch Love thy neighbour?  Taking the Shoreham and Tivoli is acceptable though

You know I wouldn't and my parents were no different to any others in that era mate. Education, Equality and Human Resources dept have improved people's understanding of the rights and wrongs but taking the Shoreham end in the County Cup was definitely the right thing to do. We once took the Tivoli and the wall collapsed at the front, the media reported that fans must have taken hammers and chisels to the game, it was laughable.

• Like 1

Just now, Spion Kop said:

You know I wouldn't and my parents were no different to any others in that era mate. Education, Equality and Human Resources dept have improved people's understanding of the rights and wrongs but taking the Shoreham end in the County Cup was definitely the right thing to do. We once took the Tivoli and the wall collapsed at the front, the media reported that fans must have taken hammers and chisels to the game, it was laughable.

Same age group mate and went to that game at Rotherham.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Latest trend hey. I remember the days when Gordon Banks was pelted everytime he came to Hillsborough with bananas. Jesus christ how times have changed. He never once complained and neither did anyone else. I think we are governered by the 'do gooders' of this world. What ever happened yesterday bears no comparison to what happened at Rotherham twice a in a couple of weeks but, I bet we are making more of this incident than any of them over theres. The AR would have probably been more likely have been hit with a chip carton along with all the other crap swirling about in that corner.  Wonder what would have happened if a fan was returning the ball and accidentally hit the AR or ref when lobbing it back.. He would have been hung drawn and quartered on here.

Yeah chucking things at people. Brilliant fun. 

• Like 1

Just now, mildatheart67 said:

Idiot who hit Grealish in the Brum derby got

About £600 in fines.

Jailed for 14 weeks.

A criminal record for assault

10 year ban from football grounds.

Today's moron might well find theres a judge who also wants to set a tarrif to discourage copycats 

Let's hope so

Owlstalk Shop

The posts on here about it only being a bit of tin foil, it would have been the same for a male lino, it's down to "do-gooders" or any other reasons to excuse this, or similar, are laughable for 3 reasons;

1. Someone should not have to go to work expecting things to be thrown at them for doing their job

2. If you excuse a bit of foil/sexist language where do you draw the line 

3. If a anyone and any time turns around and sees something shiny and metallic being thrown at them it could literally be anything...of course it should stamped out

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

The posts on here about it only being a bit of tin foil, it would have been the same for a male lino, it's down to "do-gooders" or any other reasons to excuse this, or similar, are laughable for 3 reasons;

1. Someone should not have to go to work expecting things to be thrown at them for doing their job

3. If a anyone and any time turns around and sees something shiny and metallic being thrown at them it could literally be anything...of course it should stamped out

4. if someone threw anything at the people calling out 'do-gooders' etc they'd kick off or cry like babies about it

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Kinell mate are you serious

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Line Assistants should expect it.   Stop killing traditions 

The moron at Rotherham yesterday. That was bound to put Pell off and he then missed the penalty. He's been arrested and hopefully he'll spend some time in one of H.M.'s hotels.

What is also embarrassing are the crowd in the background who seem to think it's funny. And the steward who hasn't even noticed.

image.png.aeee58a20d1ff52437d948f09ffdd44c.png