Burton Albion lose both leading goalscorers.

We spoke to Ed from D3D4 Football and a lifelong Burton Albion fan as part of our ‘Oppos View’ series ahead of our trip to the Pirelli Stadium. 

>>>> LISTEN HERE <<<<

One main take away was the fact that their leading goalscorer, Daniel Jebbison, has been recalled back to United with Tom O’Connor also having left the club to join Wrexham on Deadline Day. 

Listen to the episode to get the lowdown on Burton Albion. 

Surely we’ve got to take some confidence from the fact that they’ll be without two of their key players this afternoon? 

James

The WTID Podcast

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, waverley_owl said:

We spoke to Ed from D3D4 Football and a lifelong Burton Albion fan as part of our ‘Oppos View’ series ahead of our trip to the Pirelli Stadium. 

>>>> LISTEN HERE <<<<

One main take away was the fact that their leading goalscorer, Daniel Jebbison, has been recalled back to United with Tom O’Connor also having left the club to join Wrexham on Deadline Day. 

Listen to the episode to get the lowdown on Burton Albion. 

Surely we’ve got to take some confidence from the fact that they’ll be without two of their key players this afternoon? 

James

The WTID Podcast

Should make a difference but it never does with us.

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

bet there scared of our strike force at best 1 in 5 strikers 

You do Kamberi a disservice.

He’s scored 4 league goals in 900 minutes. That’s so much better than 1 in 5.

Paterson is roughly 1 in 5 during his time with us yes, but he has played everywhere except keeper in that time to be fair.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You do Kamberi a disservice.

He’s scored 4 league goals in 900 minutes. That’s so much better than 1 in 5.

Paterson is roughly 1 in 5 during his time with us yes, but he has played everywhere except keeper in that time to be fair.

What’s Sylla Sows ratio then ?! Hasn’t he got about 4 goals ?

14 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

That's a bit of good news against the backdrop of our current injuries.

But with our strike partnership today  I'm not exactly expecting a goalfest.

Kamberi gets some stick, but it’s worth pointing out that Gregory’s recent record is 1 in his last 7 games.

Its not as if we are replacing Lewandowski with Mr Magoo.

I think Florian is very underrated. We do really well when he plays. Fluke or not, his inclusion is absolutely to be welcomed in my book. I’d prefer Pato alongside - another underrated forward. That duo would be horrible - physical and committed. Given the quality of balls from Johnson and NML I think they’ll revel i it today.

Sow gives a different dimension, but I’d like to see the two big lads.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I meant in total sorry mate. He’s played in the pizza cup games and scored a couple 

Yes but it’s not really fair to compare when he played v kids and crap.

But here you go, 3 goals in his overall 600 minutes.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Kamberi gets some stick, but it’s worth pointing out that Gregory’s recent record is 1 in his last 7 games.

Its not as if we are replacing Lewandowski with Mr Magoo.

I think Florian is very underrated. We do really well when he plays. Fluke or not, his inclusion is absolutely to be welcomed in my book. I’d prefer Pato alongside - another underrated forward. That duo would be horrible - physical and committed. Given the quality of balls from Johnson and NML I think they’ll revel i it today.

Sow gives a different dimension, but I’d like to see the two big lads.

Agree think Kamberi and Pato would be out best option up top. The delivery by Johnson and NML has been very good last couple of games.

Got a feeling Pato might be needed in midfield today.

25 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Agree think Kamberi and Pato would be out best option up top. The delivery by Johnson and NML has been very good last couple of games.

Got a feeling Pato might be needed in midfield today.

I'd try Kamberi and Sow for a few games. May not score themselves but their movement will have defences in bits, allowing the midfield/wingbacks in.

Pato is too useful in midfield to waste him up top, plus he'll still be in the box a lot for corners etc.