State of some of today's penalties.

Don't know which game you're talking about but it's deffo something that annoys me.

I said it during the euros to friends, then we throw it away with players doing the same. Thing is, when it comes off its brilliant, but when it doesn't you come under scrutiny. 

Jorginho does it all the time. Run, stutter and slot it home. Looks amazing when it comes off but can sometimes be so easy for the keeper to read.

Funnily enough didn't he miss in that shootout? 

29 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Aye, Alan Shearer could make a killing as some sort of American Football style special teams coach just focusing on penalties (the fact he is a multi millionaire might be he couldn't be arsed though).

Absolutely.

Hard and fast into the top left corner every time.  Goalkeeper knows exactly where it's going - but can't do a thing about it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Henderson got nowhere near them. 

Wilder is a class manager. 

Man Utd are a zombie club right now.

I’d suggest Chris “give us a wear of them chains” Wilder is one of the least classy managers ever to stain the beautiful game.

• Like 3

I'm definitely in the top corner 'leather it camp.

If you just practice that one style it doesn't matter what the keeper does, he ain't getting there. You could even tell him beforehand.

The thing that really annoys me is the pundits reactions to the airy fairy pens, if the keeper goes the wrong way and they goes in it's always a brilliant penalty.

What I think they should do with the magic of TV is mirror the keepers dive, then see how good it was.

the thing is if my player goes to hit it hard, into a corner, and the keeper saves it then it then you at least think 'wow the keeper did well there ffs' if he tries something stupid and misses then that leaves an ill filling. I can take a good save I can't take somebody trying to be too fancy

• Like 1