We are taking Bannan off set pieces

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The supporters need to make it clear to the SWFC management team that Bannan is coming off all set pieces.

The occasional free kick is fair enough as some of his deliveries can be quite good.

But his corners either hit the first defender or are lofted too close to the keeper who catches it with little difficulty.

It is all too predictable and too easy to defend.

We need some variety in set piece takers to keep the opposition guessing.

Byers, NML and Johnson could all be given a go.

The SWFC management team need to man up and insist upon this happening.

If I’m not there start without me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The supporters need to make it clear to the SWFC management team that Bannan is coming off all set pieces.

The occasional free kick is fair enough as some of his deliveries can be quite good.

But his corners either hit the first defender or are lofted too close to the keeper who catches it with little difficulty.

Love to see Bannan get a 25 yard screamer from outside the box, from a Johnson corner

I would just like a left footer from corner from the left and right footer from the right, so the ball is swinging away from goal which makes it more difficult for the keeper to come and claim it 

Bannan has been around for a long time and unfortunately his set plays have become a bit stale, he needs to mix it up a bit.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Get in that car park and take your shoes off.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Since when do supporters dictate to Management and Coaches who does what when players are on the field. Regardless of whether your point has merit the Management would be perfectly entitled to tell you where to go in no uncertain terms. Its their job not yours , its what they get paid to do. Otherwise next time the Managers or Coaches position becomes vacant you apply for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

I don't mind him taking some, especially freekicks on the edge of the box but he shouldn't be taking every single set piece as he's not James Ward-Prowse.

We have a few others that can whip a decent ball in now. I think it would be nice to mix things up. 

Who do we actually know is a better set piece taker? 

In all seriousness, it's not Bannan's fault that whilst he's average at set pieces a lot of the time, the rest of them are utter shybo.

Don't get it twisted, if we had someone like Wallace or Forestieri, Bannan wouldn't be taking them.

Mendez-Laing and Hunt take decent corners and have been taking a good number of them. The advantage of them taking them is we then have Bannan as a viable receiver of the ball for a short corner or on the edge of the box for picking up clearances. The key to success for corners is variation and having some big lad in the box to get his head on it. Without Dunkley or Dean we don’t have anyone to get their head on a corner anyway so it’s hardly worth worrying about who takes them!

13 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Who do we actually know is a better set piece taker? 

In all seriousness, it's not Bannan's fault that whilst he's average at set pieces a lot of the time, the rest of them are utter shybo.

Don't get it twisted, if we had someone like Wallace or Forestieri, Bannan wouldn't be taking them.

I’m not being funny, but I’m nearly 64 with a gammy knee and always been rubbish at football.  I’d still take a better corner than wee Barry.

• Haha 1