Cardiff increase away ticket booking fees to pay for damage caused by away fans

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-increase-away-ticket-22951955

Anyone else think this is not right..  I am not exactly sure of how much if anything teams get for away tickets but it would seem to me like the big losers will be teams Cardiff play away as the ticket prices are increased there will be less fans potentially going to away matches..

I think the levy should be charged on all tickets so that it doesnt just affect other teams..   Are teams even allowed to do this?  Imagine if we charged an extra £30 per ticket as a booking fee for away tickets, no loss to us financially and would actually be a gain as we don't get the revenue but other clubs didnt charge a booking fee so we get all the revenue from their away fans also..

What do you guys think?   Personally I think Cardiff City should pay for the damage, by putting on this levy essentially the away teams are paying for the damage as Cardiff are increasing their away ticket prices meaning they are taking money away from those other teams.

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-increase-away-ticket-22951955

Anyone else think this is not right..  I am not exactly sure of how much if anything teams get for away tickets but it would seem to me like the big losers will be teams Cardiff play away as the ticket prices are increased there will be less fans potentially going to away matches..

I think the levy should be charged on all tickets so that it doesnt just affect other teams..   Are teams even allowed to do this?  Imagine if we charged an extra £30 per ticket as a booking fee for away tickets, no loss to us financially and would actually be a gain as we don't get the revenue but other clubs didnt charge a booking fee so we get all the revenue from their away fans also..

What do you guys think?   Personally I think Cardiff City should pay for the damage, by putting on this levy essentially the away teams are paying for the damage as Cardiff are increasing their away ticket prices meaning they are taking money away from those other teams.

I really don’t get your argument here. Away fans wreck stands, home team puts prices up to compensate. 

4 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

4 hours ago, ANDY said:

Just charge cardiff fans the same when they travel

3 hours ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

We are not playing Cardiff anytime soon, so not a problem for us.

I suspect these three posters of not actually reading the article 

Amusingly one is the OP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Am I misunderstanding here.

Reads to me that they are raising the booking fee for their fans to go to away games after the same set of fans did damage to another team's away end.

Not really sure how other teams, or their fans, will suffer if this is the case.

It will increase the cost for cardiff fans going away which will mean less Cardiff fans going to away games which means less money for the home teams as less fans..

Imagine if we charge cardiff £20 a ticket, we might get 3000 away fans.  But Cardiff then charge a booking fee just for away fans so they charge £25, now only 2500 fans go.  Instead of us getting £60k we now get £50k..

5 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

It will increase the cost for cardiff fans going away which will mean less Cardiff fans going to away games which means less money for the home teams as less fans..

Imagine if we charge cardiff £20 a ticket, we might get 3000 away fans.  But Cardiff then charge a booking fee just for away fans so they charge £25, now only 2500 fans go.  Instead of us getting £60k we now get £50k..

But they wouldn't. They'd charge £21.

What difference is a quid going to make?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oliver said:

But they wouldn't. They'd charge £21.

What difference is a quid going to make?

Its a pound on top of their existing administration fee, which I dont exactly know what that is..  And yes might not make a massive difference but surely increasing the price just for away fans will reduce the number of away fans, so other teams are paying.  I mean I think I would be a bit annoyed also if I was a Cardiff fan that I am now paying more for a small section of fans that caused the damage.

I remember seeing a program on Theo Paphitis when he owned Millwall. He went into the away end concourse after a game and it was totalled if I remember correctly it was after Cardiff had visited and he said "Probably shouldn't make a big deal of this knowing what our lot do away!". 

The decent fans might be more likely to police the idiots in all away followings if they are getting surcharged in effect.

Actually a club just coming out and saying to it's following " any damage you do will be charged straight back to the supporters" would be a refreshingly plain policy

It’s £1, so not a big issue, but…

if Cardiff City want to make a point to prevent future issues I think they’re going about it the wrong way. They’ve identified three fans responsible and issued bans. Surely they should be pursuing these people for the cost of the damage and not putting the cost on innocent fans. If they don’t think there’s enough evidence to win a damages case, then how do they justify a ban?

• Like 1