Could ease the void left by windass 

to be fair even with current formation we look thin out wide 

to play that wing back role 

Palmer 

hunt

johnson 

Mendez laing

snodgrass could be quite useful to the end of the season 

concern is looking how thin the squad is now and the bench showed this yesterday we’ve added 3 more injuries to that list in a congested fixture period 

once we are out of February and god knows how our squad will look then we are at the business end of the season 

i honestly can’t see us mounting a challenge abs sustaining it with what we’ve got 

there’s a lot of football to be played and it’s inevitable we are going to pick up more knocks and injuries 

dean is a huge blow but with 

Hutchinson 

storey 

palmer

Brennan 

and Big Dom and dunkley getting back to fitness have we got enough to weather the storm? 

my concern is I don’t think we have enough of a competitive squad left now to his us see out February and then still be competing to kick on to the end of the season

that bench we out Tuesday lacked game changers or anything of quality to change a Game and now it has just got weaker 

I get sone are calling for the kids to be given a chance but this squad needs more it needs match winners, quality in depth and we’ve had that ripped out of this team in 48 hour period it’s just madness 

• Like 1

Dan Crowley former Hull and Birmingham central midfielder, signing short term deal with Cheltenham played 12 games but became a free agent in January. Was promoted last season while at Hull City.

Hopefully pretty close with his fitness. Played over 100 games at league one and championship level and still only 24.

Unlike other free agents will be match fit something we will need this month.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Disn’t realise hal robson kanu was a free agent? Only 32. Def worth a look… not sure how long he’s been without a club mind. Probs be fit just in time for last game if season 😂

Think he's packed in football. Runs his own business now selling health drinks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Surely worth putting Cadamateri on the bench.  About time we tried to blood a young Striker rather than other clubs loans. 

I agree but a proven international player like Leigh Griffiths would be a great signing (we took a punt on an almost has been with Berahino)

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 21:31, Southie_Owl said:

Signed for Falkirk in League 1 so seems we were right to dodge the podge on that one, not at the same level or fitness he used to be at all.  

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 23:52, room0035 said:

Dan Crowley former Hull and Birmingham central midfielder, signing short term deal with Cheltenham played 12 games but became a free agent in January. Was promoted last season while at Hull City.

Hopefully pretty close with his fitness. Played over 100 games at league one and championship level and still only 24.

Unlike other free agents will be match fit something we will need this month.

100 percent behind this always liked him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Signed for Falkirk in League 1 so seems we were right to dodge the podge on that one, not at the same level or fitness he used to be at all.  

Shame he’s signed for them as he sounds just like our type.

Why not give the strikers we have a chance instead of going for crocks who were good a couple of years ago?

Both Kamberi and Sow have better goals to minutes than Gregory, and better win ratios.

Why not give them a run and see what they could do if given an extended chance?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why not give the strikers we have a chance instead of going for crocks who were good a couple of years ago?

Both Kamberi and Sow have better goals to minutes than Gregory, and better win ratios.

Why not give them a run and see what they could do if given an extended chance?

And where’s the depth?

fixture congestion

Form

fatigue

injuries 

suspension

Personally I don’t think we have enough in depth that will see us over the line 

windass and John jules added bit of quality now we are into our depth and if we go any further we will running on empty 

as much as I rate him playing Mendez-Laing Uptop last game 

and finishing the game with berehino and sow up top against morcombe as much as we got the result they were two very poor teams and that wouldn’t cut it against  the bigger boys 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

And where’s the depth?

fixture congestion

Form

fatigue

injuries 

suspension

Personally I don’t think we have enough in depth that will see us over the line 

windass and John jules added bit of quality now we are into our depth and if we go any further we will running on empty 

as much as I rate him playing Mendez-Laing Uptop last game 

and finishing the game with berehino and sow up top against morcombe as much as we got the result they were two very poor teams and that wouldn’t cut it against  the bigger boys 

Use the old crocks as backup, play the young ones.

We have enough that Kamberi and Sow have managed to be out of the team most of the season, we're only Gregory down on what we've had all year.

24 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

22 appearances in 18 months for FC Cincinnati. After which they paid his contract up. No brainer

Sounds perfect for us then

lol 

To be fair I said a few posts later that I’d rather play Waldock or Brennan than bringing in any more free agents 

• Like 1