Free transfers

Good to here iorfa and dunkley back on the grass hopefully not too long and we might be able to get one on the pitch this month 

is there anybody out there could he suited as a free transfer to help out centre mid out / strikers 

obviously Mendez Laing as been a revelation abs he didn’t have a preseason 

I was thinking someone who might have negotiated their contract to end this month to find another club 

I’m fully expect the usually not match fit but we are incredibly short now in midfield and whilst numbers are ok upfront the loss of windass could be too much of a loss we need to replace his goals and I’m not sure in Paterson, berahino, sow, kamberi we have enough 

I’m assuming those that went off yesterday will miss the majority of this month at best 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Good to here iorfa and dunkley back on the grass hopefully not too long and we might be able to get one on the pitch this month 

is there anybody out there could he suited as a free transfer to help out centre mid out / strikers 

I was thinking someone who might have negotiated their contract to end this month to find another club 

I’m fully expect the usually not match fit but we are incredibly short now in midfield and whilst numbers are ok upfront the loss of windass could be too much of a loss we need to replace his goals and I’m not sure in Paterson, berahino, sow, kamberi we have enough 

I’m assuming those that went off yesterday will miss the majority of this month at best 

If they have both done hamstrings 6 to 8 weeks at the quickest 

The trouble with free agents is they tend to have injury issues themselves.  Jack Wiltshire for example would be perfect in midfield with Bannan and Luongo but is often injured 

Snodgrass might be an option to play in midfield, tho a winger by trade his age and experience may make playing on the side of a central 3 an acceptable role 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Do you mean Lorfa?

Back on the grass? As in Cantona or Carlton style?

Edited by helmut_rooster
  • Haha 1

Jack Wilshere's proposed move to Lille fell through last month. Free agent after being released by Bournemouth last summer.  Training with Arsenal since October. 30 years old. I doubt he would come north, but you wouldn't know unless you asked him.  

• Like 1