That ref

Can anyone explain why at the end of the 1st half he let Dele Bashiru get treatment for 2 minutes, then blew his whistle for half time as soon as he got up. It rankled me all 2nd half. If time was up, with the player sat on the floor, just blow your bloody whistle. As thick as a Boxing Day turd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Can anyone explain why at the end of the 1st half he let Dele Bashiru get treatment for 2 minutes, then blew his whistle for half time as soon as he got up. It rankled me all 2nd half. If time was up, with the player sat on the floor, just blow your bloody whistle. As thick as a Boxing Day turd. 

Because the game was stopped so he can’t blow his whistle

• Like 4

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Did their player also dangerously foul FDB ?

Nah, it was a good fair challenge. He got the ball cleanly and FDB arrived half a second later which is why he got crunched.

Maybe I’m becoming desensitised to L1 refs but I thought the one tonight was one of the best we’ve had all season, he let the game flow and you didn’t notice he was there most of the time

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Nah, it was a good fair challenge. He got the ball cleanly and FDB arrived half a second later which is why he got crunched.

Maybe I’m becoming desensitised to L1 refs but I thought the one tonight was one of the best we’ve had all season, he let the game flow and you didn’t notice he was there most of the time

Nah he was garbage, morcombe denied a clear penalty, and gave most of 50-50s to us.  Bit of a homer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

FDB tried to get the contact to win the foul but was too dopey to realize he had to get to the ball first 

Honestly, he’s so ponderous

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and guess that he is considerably less ponderous than you are.

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’ve seen many games blown for HT and FT with the ball out of play. 

I didn't watch the game myself, but from what I understand in these situations I think it's specific because the game was stopped for treatment. The game doesn't actually stop when the ball is out of play unless it's taking unusually long to get the ball back into play, so the ref doesn't usually add any extra time on for that. It's different when a player is down and needs treatment on the pitch.

Presumably the ref was just about to blow for HT when FDB got injured, so the game stopped for treatment and then the whistle went on the restart for the short time that was still to play when the injury occurred.

• Like 1

Actually, I think I misunderstood your original point about why he didn't just blow for half-time as there was no time left. Presumably that's just the guidance they're given. In theory, if it was a bad injury and the treatment on the pitch took longer than 15 minutes, but then following that the player was cleared as fit to continue, they wouldn't have had a half-time break - they'd be getting straight back up to continue playing as the rest of the players would be refreshed from having had their interval.

4 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Actually, I think I misunderstood your original point about why he didn't just blow for half-time as there was no time left. Presumably that's just the guidance they're given. In theory, if it was a bad injury and the treatment on the pitch took longer than 15 minutes, but then following that the player was cleared as fit to continue, they wouldn't have had a half-time break - they'd be getting straight back up to continue playing as the rest of the players would be refreshed from having had their interval.

That makes sense. He blew for HT as soon as DB got up. Agree on the point re the lack of a HT for an injured player.